Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show me better value than this pre-built

Options
  • 23-12-2021 12:10pm

I've built plenty of PC's, I understand the value of self build but in today's climate with lack of parts and overpriced GPUs can I build better value than this Lenovo gaming desktop for €2775

https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/legion-desktops/legion-t-series-towers/Lenovo-Legion-T7-34IMZ5/p/99LE9700365

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭ricimaki

The CPU in that is a little old now at this stage.

To get some idea's, I'd recommend taking a look at the some of the European PC Part Picker sites.

This has a newer CPU, and is €200 cheaper. I'd personally go for a tower cooler (~ €50 less), and an M.2 SSD (~€50 more). The case really comes down to personal preference. You could also drop down to 16GB RAM if its just for gaming.

Finding GPU's that are in stock and will ship here can be annoying. CaseKing.de have RTX 3080s for €1600 (€80 more than this build) in stock that will ship here. Personally I'd go for a 3070, but if you're set on a 3080, fair enough

Thanks, that's interesting, I didn't think I'd get anything close. I'm set on the 3080 as I have a 32 inch 144hz Samsung Odyssey G5 monitor. I have all peripherals. I'll also need Windows so that pushes it up a little

I've gotten a 10% off voucher for Lenovo so I'm probably gonna order, my finger is twitching.

I pulled the trigger on the more expensive Lenovo with 32GB ram and 1TB pcie SSD this morning. With the discount it worked out at €2524. I've also bought a 1TB Evo Pro M.2 SSD on Amazon to use as OS drive (I plan to wipe it for dual boot Windows with Fedora) and will just the other pcie SSD for games. It should be a pretty neat setup, the 10700 although older is well up to doing whatever I throw at it as most games are GPU bound

Advertisement