Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singers/Musicians who Died in December that Were Associated with At Least One Christmas Song

• 23-12-2021 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

It's a bid morbid I know but that topic has come into my head a few times. I mean any year by the way - not specifically this year!

Here are the ones that come to mind.

Greg Lake - I Believe in Father Christmas

Rick Parfitt (blond guy in Status Quo) - Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid, It's Christmas Time by Status Quo (gets a fair airing on Christmas FM)

George Michael - Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid, Last Christmas by Wham

Natalie Cole - My Grown-Up Christmas List

John Lennon - Happy Christmas (War is Over)

Any more?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Kirsty McColl - Fairytale of New York (with The Pogues)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What a miserable idea for a thread, and then bumping it too. Have a look around, the Christmas forum is a happy place 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Okay, I see what you mean and point taken. I did admit to it being a "bit morbid" in my opening post, but I would not go as far as to say it is a "miserable idea". I am coming from a different angle in a way. There is something almost apt, even appropriate, about someone dying in December if they had an association with a Christmas song. It is too, in a sense, another way of listing songs. I don't think it takes too much away from an otherwise happy place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The lack of responses suggests otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Conqueror

Dean Martin (Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!) died on Christmas Day, 1995.

Dan Fogelberg ("Same Old Lang Syne") died on 16 December 2007.

Roy Orbison (died 6 December 1988) had a big hit at Christmas 1964 with "Pretty Paper", but I'm not sure how well known the song is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement