Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll Software

Options
  • 24-12-2021 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Has anyone any experience moving payroll software to another provider, in terms of work transfering details etc. Is next week or the first week in January best to do this?

KP

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

I have experience in this.

Generally speaking it is easier to move payroll software at the beginning of the year. The main reason if because you do not have to worry about cumulative figures. If you move mid-year, you will have to enter all the year to date figures for the employees (tax paid, gross earned etc).

For our products and probably others, you can set up all your employees via an RPN import. However, this can also be done mid-year.

(Note that I'm affiliated with Payback Payroll software)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Yes it's slightly easier to start fresh from week 1 as you won't need to enter previous details. Not a problem with only a few employees, but when the employee numbers get bigger so too does the pain.

Advertisement