Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas Panic, gas oven not working

• 24-12-2021 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28 Ernie84

Hey people.

What could be worse than the oven stopping working on Xmas eve with all shop closed.

It's an Stratford gas oven.

Just switched on the hob and very low flame. Thought it was an issue with the hob itself, but every hob is low and the oven itself so seems like an issue with the gas.

Almost full tank of gas and this tank and the same tank working for previous week.

The connector that you attach to tank was only replaced 6 months ago. (I guess it could still be that)

We did the classic wiggle the tube and on off disconnect connect thing and it worked but few hours later same issue when we went to test it again. (Low flame on every hob and oven)

Bare in mind we can't get parts till the shops open but is there any advise for a quick fix.

Could disconecting gas tube and pouring hot water down it in case blockage work?

Its strange we got it to work temporarily

Any help appreciated. Apologies for any delayed replies but the Xmas presents must be wrapped too..... :)

Comments

• Definitely sounds like a flow issue, but I absolutely wouldn’t recommend acting the maggot with a gas line, call a registered gas installer to come and have a gander I reckon if you ring up a few someone will come out and sort it out as an emergency call.

and I definitely do not suggest you pour boiling water into your gas line, that sounds like a very bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I don't recommend messing about with it, could be a faulty Flame Retardant Device (the thing that keeps gas flow low until lit and heated up a little).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Call your man from the TV and and then Invite him over for the Dinner!

Seriously, that's a pain, can you get a family member or friend to cook the food for you? I wouldn't over stress about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ernie84

Thanks folks, looks like we be craming an entire dinner in the slow cooker.

I did improve flow by 5% by simply disconnecting and reconnecting the regulator,. It could be that and last time one was faulty you couldn't in anyway tell by just looking at (the pin thing moves as it should)

Perhaps it only needs to be a millimetre out to not properly work as a effective valve

Yeah, turn it off and stop messing with it, it could be anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Oven gets shocking reviews online for same issue you have to do with flame safety and cut-out.

https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews122547.html

Advertisement