Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one s - starting off

Options
  • 25-12-2021 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Moggaman

Hi. Some guidance If you could help me please. My 7 year old got an Xbox one S from Santa. He got some discs - fifa 22 and Lego etc .

i installed fifa 22 to the Xbox. It is looking for a profile setup. Do I need profile set up to play games .

I was hoping to let him play offline for a while. Do I need to be online for him to play these games .

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

I think you'll need to set up a profile to play any game. This doesn't mean you will need to play online though. It's just a profile to keep track of achievements etc.

• Yeah the profile is just a user account basically. It’s absolutely mandatory within the new OS. It does NOT necessarily mean you must be online.

also, it allows the Xbox to tie games to an account, in the case of digital downloads etc

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Moggaman

Thanks . My young lad is devastated.. Santa brought fifa 22 and Ronaldo is not with Man Utd . Our neighbours bought fifa 22 on disc also and Ronaldo is with Man Utd … wtf!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

Although if he hasn't connected it to WiFi since buying it, it might have a few updates to go through!!

Also if the one S was second hand then maybe it might pick up the old owner's profile! Probably won't though.

Just tell the young lad you'll update it for him tonight... Then get roaring drunk, try Halo multiplayer, go into a rage-quit and pass out on the couch and totally forget like every proper Irish dad.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. I’ll try update

• Probably, but they won’t go away because they don’t haha. Just let the console runs it’s updates and should be all good then.

i suspect (not a football fan) that Ronaldo recently moved to Man U and that’s why it’s not showing for the OPs kid?

Is it the consoles updates or the games updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭XsApollo

well a new console will need an update,

the game will probably too,

it will probably prompt you on screen that’s it going to do it or ask you do you want to.

Game, but do the console one first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement