Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bargain of 2021

• 25-12-2021 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Just a big thank you and Happy Xmas to all the posters on the Bargain Alert forum

Im curious as to what you think your best bargain of 2021 was?

For myself probably was the cheap Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G from Vodafone for 69.99 but I'm getting ongoing pleasure from the cheap Tidal, Youtube Premium and Netflix subscriptions :-)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

The Google pixel 4a for €99, hell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Lots of stuff that was posted in the Amazon thread, from shower gels, tripods etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

The Tile trackers for €7 including postage. I should have bought a bucket of em.

Find my keys at least once a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,046 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got a decent phone from Vodafone offer. Got a couple of cheap Tiles, some nice cheap colouring pencils and markers for Xmas.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

Netflix cost me 3.22€ for the top package last month 🤯 S sports a great bargain also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

stadia pro for 22.22. its a new gen console for next to nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ssport plus or YouTube premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,169 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Turkish sports channel with Premier League, UFC and La Liga for circa €17 for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

S Sport Plus has to be at the top of the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

S Sports+, and the Xiaomi 5G from Vodafone. Happy Xmas Bargain Hunters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Lots of Amazon bargains but luggage from Adamson's (I think that's what it was called) was pretty great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 idontlikemyname

The Sennheiser euros discount deal was great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Free garmin watch from Amazon !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,831 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The six months of zero vat applied <~£20 purchases, particularly from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

The Cross pens thread from all the way back on 1st January had all the hallmarks of a classic BA.

Premium product that you didn’t know you needed but instantly found the urge to buy, ultimately utterly unnecessary but a discount too good to be ignored, the discovery that codes could be stacked leading to 75% off, confusion, will they/won’t they dispatch, a lesson in the reality of post brexit VAT/duty situation, cancelled orders, some anger and eventually, resignation. Top quality drama.

I was one of the lucky ones to actually get my pen and I’ve been using it daily since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The Cross pens was my one hit wonder. I love my pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

The Times €5 annual subscription that appeared on Black Friday was an impulsive buy because it was so cheap and I've read the site and app everyday since super bargain

The HBO Max Carribbean/Latin America thread has been great too, I didn't sign up to it until after the 50% discount expired but I'm pretty happy I've still got a Brazil 4k annual subscription for €39

As already mentioned SSport+ has been BA of the year for me, Sennheiser Euro 2020 discounts were stupid good value too while it lasted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

The Google Stadia was great as I was going to buy a Chromecast anyway

The Asus laptop from Littlewoods was perfectly timed for my dad’s birthday and saved me spending twice as much

And the little USB fan from Amazon was really handy during the summer for €8 or whatever it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭Ryath

Pixel 4a @ €99 was one of the best and the stadia for €22. Lots of bits and pieces on amazon up till June when the VAT was being removed.

Best steal was a Lenovo G5 desktop i5 10400, 16gb Ram, 512gb M2 drive and a GTX 1660 Super graphics card for €329! The graphics card alone would cost about €500 in the current market.

Post edited by Ryath on

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭beardo81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭romperstomper

S Sports+ & google stadia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭romperstomper

when was the pc on sale for 329? presume the boat has been missed here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

edit - the 20 x 24 guinness slabs @ €17 a slab - we'll never see the like of it again

edit 2 - wait, the ?? number of guiness slabs i will buy from Tesco tomorrow @ €15 a slab if they're still there

edit 3 - €15 jameson, €18 jameson with 2 glasses, €23 1l powers, €30 jameson black barrel, €15 slab Carlsberg

the free google nest audio that energia sent me

the second free google nest audio that energia sent me by mistake

(both regifted as kriskindle presents)

times/sunday times for €5/12 months - €55 saved

irish times €8 per month offer - €96 saved

(the ipad mini i will buy next week at a saving of €151)

google stadia, despite the fact i still don't why or what i will do with it

tile trackers that are sitting in my drawer

the amazon vat free offers

the tech stuff i was able to allocate as "work from home" expenses - i'm looking at you SAMSUNG LS32AM700UUXEN 32" 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Smart Display Monitor / TV

Argentinian youtube premium that i rarely use

cheap turkish tidal, until i got free apple music till June, thank you

edit 4 - all the 0.99p kindle books

30% off amazon warehouse, particularly the sony wireless earbuds @ €99 - if Carlsberg did magically silencing your family, it still wouldn't be as good

siemens eq500 coffee machine, €404 from amazon.de warehouse

Post edited by ablelocks on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭Ryath

Yea long gone was back in May was only up for an hour before it sold out. Was sure it would be cancelled as a miss price. Normal price was about €900 it had dipped to the €600 mark a few times. Lenovo pricing yo yo's a lot and there can be great deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

(the ipad mini i will buy next week at a saving of €151)

Where can I buy the iPad mini please?

How about the amazon bargain for the kitchen roll 48 rolls for E9 or E10 I think (its now E57!)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

pixel 4a at 99e and a TCL unlocked dual sim phone for 40 after supe rvalu 100 off coupon ( both from vdf ) .

Stadia deal at 22 , as a Christmas presie to a gamer

as mentioned before , lots of under 20 pounds purchases through Amazon..

not a beer fan , but got a few 30c beer cans from dunnes today after paying more yesterday for a 0.5L bottled water

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This, stocked up on regular shower stuff bargains and with the extra 20% off they were cheap as chips

Advertisement