Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bargain of 2021

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

Interested in iPad mini ?

The Times for a year @ €5 is bargain is the year for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

times/sunday times for €5/12 months - €55 saved

irish times €8 per month offer - €96 saved

this is the €151 "saving" that i will use as justification to upgrade my ipad mini (which incidentally, i got free for taking out the times sub in the first place)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭iHungry

The Asus Zenbook from Littlewoods for €269.99 was an excellent bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

What was the €99 4a? I think I paid €179 and then didn't go back to the thread much. Did they reduce the retail price to €199 while still having the €100 off for switching or was there another method?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Samsung Cashback offer was great in 2021 I got the following deals

Amazon.de - Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 -> €555.35 - €110 (Cash Back) = € 445.35

and more recently

Amazon.de - Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 & Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Wireless Headphones -> €348.02 - €155 (Cash Back) = €193.02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

The Times Ireland Digital Edition - €5 for 12 months.

I got it today 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

just wondering how good is the UK Times (Irish edition) - how much Irish content does it have. It's cheap, but wondering what's in it that may be of interest, compared to Guardian which has alot of the international content anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The 69 euro Xiaomi 5G for me, great phone and the timing couldnt have been more perfect as my old phone was almost dead with a cracked screen and battery life gone to pot.

The Amazon VAT free purchases were great too, it was like a 20% off sale that lasted 6 months, we will never see the likes of it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭a2deden

How much the Guardian cost? I keep seeing the 6 magazine deal, and cant decide if its my thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Got those newspaper deals but for a fiver the Times/Sunday Times is tops for me. Also got the Argie Tidal and Indian YouTube deals.

The latest iPad mini is a little beast of a machine, but it's very expensive and unless you're a creator I'd opt for the basic iPad, which is half the price. I got myself and iPad Air this year, but it's wasted on me as I'm just using it for browsing, reading and watching videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Pretty sure the Guardian is always free, they do have a premium membership which might give a few extra articles but the free version is perfectly adequate for most.

If its magazines you are after then go to your local library website and get a membership number. Then download a free app called Libby and enter the library card number. This will then give you access to thousands of magazine that you can read for free from the current edition to the back catalogue. Theres lots of premium stuff there for free like Hello! magazine and 150 others in the Celebrity/Showbusiness section alone. Theyve tons of sections like wildlife, home and garden, DIY, motoring, health and fitness, etc Theres no need to ever pay for a magazine again with this app.

Advertisement