Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Over 12 dollaroonies now

HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Bed Bath could still turn things around. Up to Feb 2022, it has long term debt of $1.18B yet spent $590m on share repurchases that year. These CEOs are running these companies with the sole aim of propping up their own share values. Why would you do that in a company that has negative net incomes now for 4 years?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Reading through the WSB reddit forum is scary. You'd seriously worry about how people will carry on after some of the losses they had this week with Bed Bath and Beyond. I take no joy in seeing the losses people have taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Jonnyc135

Borrow cheap money at extremely low interest rates on the corporate bond market, use this money to do share buybacks and prop up the share price whilst adding no value to the buisness only adding debt. All this facilitated by cheap easy money by central banks since 2015.

What could go wrong, corporate debt at records highs and Fed supposedly upping interest rates we will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Unfortunately this product is not available for trading. This could be due to regulatory reasons, your current trading settings or an internal decision.

I'm getting this error message on Degiro when trying to buy stock (FS5A) I already bought previously and is in my portfolio. What's the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

With the financial info out today, this could hit sub $5 today. With possible bankruptcy on the cards 😣

Not yet, it's ROKCETING BACK TO 11 DOLLARS

HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE HODL THE LINE

This will almost certainly crash from where it is now.

• Advertisement

No, degiro still hasn't cleared the order back to my CU account.

ARGGGHHHHH WE'RE ABOUT TO HIT 12

OH NO NO NO WE'RE CRASHING AGAIN ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CRASHING NOW, HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIFE

Any chance of some screenshots of your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭GiantPencil

Bought Sep puts on BBBY, currently up 99%. Best thing to do with meme stocks is to bet against them after they spike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You're just gambling with MEME stocks, lads.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Yeah this is just reading like WBS now with all the hodl nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It's just one poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

If it wasn't for the price of Lithium, i'd be afraid to look at my portfolio now.

It's taking the sting out of it for the moment. Not sure how long that will stay up though

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

All my USD holdings look great with dollar strength right now. Thankfully I had no large tech stocks any apple and tesla I owed were sold out. Any if you traders invest in your own company? Obviously no insider trading and outside closed periods of trades.

Post edited by sonyvision on

Exited BBBY with a 5K loss in all…Damn!

Couldn't take anymore pain once it went down past 8.90, I’m gonna kick myself if it rises after the EOM announcement.

Oh well, at least I still have 14k saved up elsewhere in case I need to invest again.

I think you made a wise decision. I'd say it's heading sub $5s and a risk of bankruptcy. The fundamentals of the company are tragic. I'd personally avoid the meme stocks.

At least you can use this loss against future gains ! Good luck.

OH, and keep some money in the not easily accessible Credit Union 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Be careful using the loss against future gains if the shares from same company were bought and sold within 4 weeks of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭VW 1

Looks like the timing of that BBBY sale was too soon, with share price rising after the loan announcement last night. I'm pretty sure the agreement made with RC Ventures meant any profits made within 6 months of purchase would be owned by BBBY. Also some online speculation that Cohen took his position to allow for the sale of Buy Buy Baby.

Damn...he sold at the wrong time. It's up 30% PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭techman1

Yes but in the last similar cycle after the 2001 dot com bust, it took a decade for that to happen, only after the financial crash of 2009 did growth and technology stocks start to perform again .

However most of the performance came from new tech stocks that came after the dot com bust like Google and Facebook ,there are a few notable exceptions like Microsoft alright. However many of the former 2001 tech behemoths such as Enron, jds uniphase, nortel ,cisco and Motorola (the main inventor of the mobile phone) are mere shadows of their former selves.

At least with "value" stocks you are dealing with companies like the big oil and financial that have been around for generations and have been through many of these cycles . Although being a value investor over the last decade was the worst period ever to be invested in these stocks as enormous sums of money flowed to growth, crypto, and bonds. All of that has to unwind over the next decade

ARGHHHHHHHH ITS REBOUNDING AGAIN WHY WHY WHY DOES THIS ALWAS HAPPEN TO A CHUMP LIKE ME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

Can you create a separate thread for this? Thanks

Advertisement