Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dazzel

PhosAgro (P6SG) and Norilsk Nickel (NNIC) are two more Russian companies on my watchlist for a bounce back when tensions ease. I would be looking to hold for no more than a year maximum to hopefully capitalise on the easing of tensions. Sberbank (SBER) another, but I am averse to bank stocks.

I actually re-entered on Lukoil at the bottom of the omicron scare around December 1st so I am just about in the plus now excluding the dividend.

Of course if there is a war well then things could get messy. I haven't read any threats of de-listing Russian companies from western stock exchanges should there be an invasion. I am not too heavy on them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Wow meta taking the whole social media space down with it - shares down 19% AF, amazing for a company that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Big big moves post earnings from some big companies so far.

FB is now down over 23% AH.

It's also taken SNAP (-21%), TWTR (-8.5%) and PINS (-10.5%) with it.

Spotify (-12%)

Market is shaky AF right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,753 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Crazy stuff. FB now at $254 from a all time high at $382 at Sept 2021. Notice that Apple never budged. In fact up a little. Google up 5%.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm guessing FB will blame it on Apple's new advertising opt in thing, in which case it's gonna be the same for Snap, Pinterest etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Apple, google and Microsoft are nothing like Facebook. They are monopolies...the gatekeepers of the Internet... huge moats...no competition etc etc. With Facebook it always seemed someone would come in and eat their lunch or that at least they would be impacted greater than the other three when the growth slowed. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

That's a hell of a drop for FB. Luckily it seems to be only them and a few random other companies so hopefully shouldn't drag down the index funds too much.

FB is heavily owned by the large funds;

DATAROMA Superinvestor Ownership

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Don't know any of those lads. 2% ownership seems to be average for them too, pretty much in line with S&P500. I'd be more worried if they were dragging everyone else down with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭theboringfox

That reduction on FB and others seems a bit over the top based on one quarters results and guidance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Amazon probably drop tomorrow night too

Wish I'd bought puts in FB

I think it has to do with expectations for continuous growth over a long time. That's all priced into the projections. Anything that hints at lower growth going forward, undermines everything.

How much debt do Facebook have again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Could well drop 30% by end of the day like Netflix did

Gonna be a bad day for tech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

A good day for buying tech if you have the cahones for it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was hoping G.M would take a bit of a tank at opening this morning but typical, it goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

All that pesky Chinese from tiktok again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suMviHNNk2U

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Going all in boys with RocketLab and MatterPort, wish me luck

Matterport is an interesting one. Worth a punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Unreal performance from Amazon, Snap.

Amazon swung my account from disaster day to just bad day.

Market deciding FB was not reflective of other social media stocks. Pinterest booming too. I suppose FB so much bigger these others not seeing same constraint.

These swings are wild! Agree theyll be blip in long run but mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I envision a profit taking (or loss minimising) day tomorrow so could fizzle out. Half wondering if I should take a breather myself from all the hemorrhaging the last few weeks.

These moves are INSANE!

SNAP down 25% today yet up over 54% AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snap just made its first ever quarterly profits, hence up bigtime after hours. Fintwit reckons these wild market spings are the result of most of the market trading these days being done by computers and not people.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Amazon results sounds like a headfake. They have a stake in Rivian which was revalued during the quarter, so that accounts for most of the profits. Main news from them is that they're upping the price of prime by $20. I suspect that Amazon bounce won't be the Nasdaq rescue it needs

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ForzaForward1

Another amazing night on the ASX for Carnaby Resources. Up 50% last night. I know a few hold on here, fair play I'm sure you're enjoying the ride as much as I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

must be time for Amazon to do a stock split. At the 3k mark it must be limit the daily sales & purchases of it stock especially with the retail investor (who doesnt really matter in the grand scehme of things)

Surely most brokers offer fractional shares nowadays so larger share prices shouldn't matter.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, Bezos isn't keen on a split as it means options market is more active which makes the stock more volatile.

Advertisement