Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re exporting a uk bike?

Options
  • 27-12-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Brought in a 1985 Yamaha fz750 in Jan 2020, registered it and done a renovation on it with the intentions of keeping it,but another bike has caught my eye,and as it happens a lad in the UK wants to buy fz,but not sure whats involved,do I just notify shañnon that it's being exported to country of first registration and can he then just apply for original uk registration,any advice mucho appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm fairly sure it's a simple procedure for the buyer when the bike was previously registered in the UK.

Best to ask the buyer to check with the DVLA for their own assurance imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Just go to the above site and key in reg... There is a strong possibility it was not removed from UK system and if so you need do nothing...

When you re-export you can claim at least some of the VRT back but unless a significant sum probably not worth the bother....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baz69

Just checked dvla and listed on sorn,so should be handy enough for him,just need to figure out

what I do with logbook,obviously I send it back to Shannon,but can't get any info as regards should

I give him part of it to buyer ,or send whole lot back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

The dvla think the bike lives in the UK and is owned by the last person that taxed... afaik this person can get replacement V5 for a couple of ££... not sure if you have V5 doc when you bought... this be easy route but i am sure you can re-export...

If you have the UK V5 i think simple...

• Advertisement
Advertisement