Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promised new battery - Apple now reneging

• 27-12-2021 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I have an iPhone XS, battery down to 80% in Battery health, basically maybe 4 hours or less if your lucky life. Bought phone new in April 2019 on contract with EIR. Called Apple whilst abroad in April this year to flag my concern and ask for a replacement, this was agreed to and promised and as I was within 2 weeks of my two year warranty expiration I was told that I was also covered under an extended 6 year EU warranty. Out of sheer inconvenience of having such atrocious slow wifiI never did the return and repair at the time.

Now this month I bought the new iPhone 13 pro, and called up Apple to return my old XS for a free replacement battery and they are refusing unless I pay them. I have pointed to the earlier agreement and threatened them with the Small Claims Court. They told me they would send me a link to request a transcript of the call where I was promised them and they did not send it to me. They had agreed if it was outlined in the transcript (it was) that they would honour this and replace the phone battery.

I want to send the phone away for a new battery and it will come back nicely refurbished with the new battery and greatly increase its second hand sale price as it is an unlocked 256GB edition which is immaculate, never dropped once and always entombed in a sturdy protective case and with tempered glass onboard also. The equivelent android phone would make far less and Apple's hold their value far more on the second hand market. How can I get apple to play ball?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apple should have a record in case notes of any calls made. I would be surprised if they find a recording

Who is the 2 year warranty with?

Surprised anyone would agree to "extended 6 year EU warranty," Seeing as there is no such thing. Apple’s support website covers warranty pretty extensively, so their agents should know what is covered.

Also they normally wouldn’t cover a battery for 2 years as they are expected to degrade.

Advertisement