Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Mac Air 2017 - is it worth fixing?

Options
  • 28-12-2021 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I have an Apple Mac Air, 13". I bought it in August 2017. About 9 months ago, I bought it to an Apple repair shop, as the fan was going constantly, and the sound went, i.e. no sound came through when watching Youtube, or listing to the radio, and I couldn't hear anything on Zoom meetings. The same issue has happened again. Is it worth trying to fix these issues again, or is it time to get a new Mac Book Air. I was hoping not to have to replace it until the summer, but just wondering if it's worth fixing again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How much did it cost to fix? Perhaps the shop may discount a 2nd repair on the same fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hannaho

It cost €120 to fix last time. They're closed until tomorrow, but I doubt they would give me a discount for 2nd fix 9 months later, but I can ask. I suppose it's just that. it's the 2nd fix in a year, makes me wonder whether it's worth keeping the MacBook, but it's not an ideal time, just after Christmas to have to get a new one.

Advertisement