Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Airport Mayhem

1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Anyone through pre-clearance lately? How are those queues looking for flights to the US?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Off topic I think but didn’t feel need to open new thread.

Scheduled to depart DUB to LBA at 0650 this morning. Flight was delayed and after we boarded the pilot announced we would be diverting to MAN and bussed to LBA due to fog. No mention of this prior to boarding and took everyone by surprise. Wouldn’t have bothered boarding if we’d known.

As this didn’t suit our schedule (day return for a funeral) we disembarked in DUB and checked with customer service in terminal who said we’d be eligible for refund. Logged refund request on app and have received an email to say tax only.

Have we a leg to stand on here? Plane left (albeit 1.75 hours late and to a destination an hour away from intended one) and decision was ours not to proceed.

On topic, airport was fine. Through security in about five minutes and most of that was due to passenger in front of us not being ready. Bit of a trek getting back landside though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Disinclination to travel would only cover tax. Airline fulfilled their contract to get you from A to B although the last leg was by bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Feared as much. Have a request in anyway so down to goodwill.

Thanks for response

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

EU261 could apply as the arrival to the intended destination, LBA, is over 2 hours later than scheduled. I'm not sure if it applies when you don't travel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

They didn't travel and it was weather related so EU261 wouldn't apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Has anyone been through Terminal 1 early morning on weekday lately?

I've a 6.30am flight tomorrow, and got what I take to be an automatic email from Ryanair saying leave 2 hours with hand luggage..... I haven't heard a dickie-bird about delays in quite a while, so this seems excessive.

Last time I flew, I was through in 10 minutes flat! (that was Terminal 2).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Last week, Tuesday.

Its absolutely grand. Allow for 20 minutes at Security and do your liquids properly and you won't be held up long. Boarding pass check is now all electronic so have it ready and clear.

The only issue with T1 now is the lack of space at the eateries.

Perfect, much as I thought. We're only travelling for the day, no liquids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Doe Tiden

Off topic but anyway…. Flying out of t1 tomorrow morning for work back tomorrow night all the short stay is sold out online any chance of I rock up tomorrow I’ll get to parking in the short stay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I reckon they only sell a certain proportion of the spaces online.

I have never failed to get a space when meeting someone.

That's only my theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

came through there yesterday in T1 at about 4pm on a Sunday.

The website was saying 25 minutes for security and it was more like a shade under 20 . Very very busy but they were dealing remarkably well with the crowds.

Checkin for Lufthansa/ Swiss was quiet despite 3 flights going at the same time. The other airlines like British airways and Air France were also fairly quiet. Down at the end there was a wait for Ryanair bag drop but nothing chronic at the same time.

Something for people to watch out for, the pub at the 300 gates (Iberia, Lufthansa, the odd Aer Lingus peak time etc) "the Gate Clock" is closed for renovations . The cafe opposite sells beer but its not quite the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Thanks for the heads up regarding that pub.

I was going to ask is there anywhere for morning/holiday pints in T1 after security?

I was going to suggest to my mate that we head in for a few before flight,is it worthwhile these days I'm wondering?

I'm flying tomorrow week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All the other bars should be open. The Marquette, the one upstairs and the White Hag one out on the 100 pier

Great thanks!

Is it busy these days? I would have thought early morning mid week in November might not be too bad?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Got a 9.45am Sunday morning in flight in T2 this weekend. Assume it will be dead and not worth buying fast track?

No checked bags so was going to get to the airport for 8.15am.

Sound ok?

I do love me a good airport lounge and have probably been to over 50 of them but never in Dublin.

Is it any good?

This will be for 2-3 pints before a midweek short haul flight.

Apologies if this isn't the place to post this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've been in better, I've been in worse. Always nice to have an oasis of relative peace though

• Advertisement

Thanks for that,good enough for me.

Will book it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Wouldn't pay for it if you are only looking for 2-3 pints. Cheaper buying those pints in the bar than spending 25 or whatever the cost is to access the daa lounges. Grand when you have them for free with airlines status etc but would not pay for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I find the lounges are much better value if using them from the afternoon onwards as then they have sandwiches and pasta salads to choose from.

The morning is a horrible waste of money as all they have are cereals for the same price.

Update. Surprisingly it still took 25-30 mins to get through at that time and they had a mot of each open.

I understand you get 2 free drinks with entry so it basically costs a tenner to get in,not bad if you're guaranteed a seat and easy bar access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I was in terminal 1 an hour after you and it took me less than a minute through, was delighted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

2 drinks are included but I have had more. I don't think they would refuse you unless you were completely taking the pi$$ on the drinks or were getting rowdy....which I have never seen in the lounge. The relative peace and quiet of the lounge compared to the rest of the airport is worth the entry price alone to me.

Busy enough in T1 this morning at about 5.45am... fast track took 15 mins and the normal lanes were quoting 25 mins.

I see you can buy fasttrack now again on the spot...and there's a tent back out front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One tent has never left. Just in case, particularly as it gets colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭redhill

Re Airport car parking, is it worth paying 20 euros extra for Red car park than Blue? Is there much travel time difference to terminal

I have only ever used Red, and it's very handy.

I recently travelled with someone who had used Blue, and said it was a nightmare, never to be done again.

Personally, for the sake of 20 quid, travelling is quite stressful enough, I'd pay it to be close to the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Every time the Blue car park is mentioned it reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Homer became a Mason and he gets to use the special tunnel and eventually ends up in a car park just behind his house, the upshot was he got roller blades.

That how I see the Blue car park. you may aswell drive around your estate park back at your house and get the rollerblades on.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

In fairness, if you end up parking in the zones in the red which are actually separate from the rest of the car park (can't remember the letters) you might as well be in blue. It happened to me three trips in a row. I miss Quickpark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

I find Red very handy and especially when you return it's nice to get on the road quicker.

If your flight times aren't early / late and you don't have an hour plus drive when you return then blue might be ok for you.

But Red is my preference when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭redhill

Yes, in the summer we were in Red zone ‘Z’ and it wasn’t great, took an age both getting there and finding car as the section of zone Z we were in didn’t have any markings and I marked the position of the car with a Sixt rent a car sign in the distance, couldn’t then find the Sixt sign when we got back at midnight as bus left us off in a totally different place…

Depends on how you value your time.

Is it worth an extra €20 to save ten minutes ?

Quickpark was sold recently so hopefully opening again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I ended up there recently, down behind the graveyard. Mad place.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Just checked there now, it's E107 to park for 7 days, was around E40 to E50 last year, mad money.

Have you priced the Holiday Blue DAA car park ?

You should get 7 days for about €80 online.

It's €14 per day if you just turn up on the day.

Also if coming from the Southside by M50 it's quite convenient though the shuttle bus is a bit longer than the Red carpark.

It's a nightmare of a car park. Surface of the moon is smoother, no signs as to what zones have spaces, no signs as to where buses serve. Did it earlier in the year, never again.

Travelling next week, taxi both ways is about 40 euro cheaper than even the blue "car park"

It is a bit cheap and cheerful but it works.

You are right to use the taxi though if it's working out that much cheaper.

Can't beat the door to door convenience.

• Advertisement

Have a fixed fare taxi lad from south county Dublin, given current DAA pricing it's often cheaper to get that than pay for parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

How does that work on the return trip - does he come to the airport and wait, or do you use airport taxis/buses ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Went through at lunchtime last Tuesday and it was terrible. 55 mins from getting to boarding machines to getting through security. You couldn't actually use the boarding scanners as there was no room to move into so that's where the Q started. Most machines seemed to be open too

Book him for the return and collects me out the back of T1. He's also collected me in the car park building of T2.

Arrived into T1 around 1am. Didn't notice the gate but not the Ryanair side anyway. Not the main T1 passport has, a much smaller one but when we got there there were no agents on. Took about 5 minutes for staff to start to arrive!

Advertisement