Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account application: Address "doesn't match"

Options
  • 28-12-2021 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I'm a full time postgraduate student and I've been trying to open a current account online over the past few days.

I started by trying to open a student account, but it wasn't possible because my college wasn't in the list of institutions in the drop down box. I decided to apply for the personal account instead and uploaded the necessary documents.

Bank of Ireland generated my address based on the Eircode, but the format on that database is longer than the format we normally use, so I'm not going to be able to provide documents which match exactly. The document I provided was from Revenue and the Eircode was correct, but the bank has written back to say that the addresses provided don't match. The utilities aren't in my name and my other personal documents don't seem to be acceptable, so this is a real challenge to solve.

Is there any way I could work around this?

Comments

Advertisement