Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a booster shot in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-12-2021 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find either an appointment or at least a walk-in clinic open for booster shots since last week. The HSE website is of little help so far: it's seldom possible to connect to the appointment system and when I manage to reach the system there's no slot available anywhere in my area. According to the website, the walk-in clinics in my area are almost never open, for instance Richmond Barracks is open only 2 hours this week, Croke Park has nothing apparently ("More walk-in clinics will be scheduled soon"), etc. Is this website even up to date?

Is the system just overwhelmed by demand or am I missing something here? Have any people mananged to get their booster shot recently, and how?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I booked my wife in for one yesterday, loads of times available for the next three days , we choose Saturday afternoon as that suited us but could have had one pretty much any time in the next three days in the UCD MVC, maybe try looking around 08:30 or so?

Just checked the website, there are loads of appointments available, are you using the right link? - https://covid19booster.healthservice.ie/hse-self-referral/facilities/?flow=booster

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Have you tried your local chemist? Many are giving them now

On Twitter yesterday Kate O'Connell tweeted that she had 6 left to give at about 8pm in her pharmacy in Rathgar - it was closing at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bartlebooth

Just tried again through the HSE appointment system and it worked smoothly this time, so problem solved :)

Don't know what happened all the other times, maybe I was just unlucky... I always had the system apparently loading and nothing happening.

Anyway thanks a lot for the answers :)

Advertisement