Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Immersion switch

• 29-12-2021 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Looking for a direct replacement for a double switch labelled on/off and bath/sink controlling the immersion elements that is wifi enabled, ideally Alexa compatible - any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MercNS

Ive never seen one and I doubt you will. With smart home heating etc, I cant see much demand for them, I may be wrong. You could possibly looking at going completely smart with SONOFF relays or similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

I`ve got the Optimum OP-BM and thats works a treat, and easy to swap over from the manual switch.

I use it mainly for the timer section on the app, has my switch was a plain on/off, so no timer.

Now this is only and on/off so no bath/sink, don`t think i`ve seen one for that. It does have alexa, but don`t use it. Also you can psychical switch it on and off too.

Be careful with the sonoff relays they go bang with high current, like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Thanks, the optimum looks like it might work. Heating is smart to an extent (every room has rads controlled independantly by a thermostat in that room) but hot water tank is not smart and just has the old fashioned switch. If heating is on immersion is obsolete but with current mild weather we've not been using any heating and discovered immersion switch had stopped working so figured it was a good oppertunity to upgrade.

House is new to us so working out the heating and looking at options for Climote etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I have this and it works flawlessly. Fully compatible with Alexa.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A Sonoff TH16 will do the trick.

I would recommend that this wifi switch uses a contactor to switch the immersion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement