Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical costs for a new build

Options
  • 30-12-2021 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Our house will be built in the next couple of months and comes with standard electrical works throughout. We have identified a few areas of the house that will require extra pieces but nothing major. Now is the best time to get these raised and added.

Can some of you fine folks here give me a rough estimate of how much the following would cost? As a complete noob, I don't want to go to the electrician empty handed and get rinsed.

- Standard double sockets. Prices I have seen online would be for EUR 125-150 per socket which would be the total cost. Is this still accurate?

- Wiring for a backlit mirror in the bathroom. Not sure what is required here or how big a job it is.

- Spotlights in the kitchen/bedroom, let's say 4 spotlights for each.

- Wiring/socket for a TV to be mounted in the fake chimney breast. There will be wiring here for a Dimplex unit if that's of any benefit.

Thanks all!

Advertisement