Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Times

Options
  • 30-12-2021 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi there I made a transfer from my CU a/c to my BOI a/c before lunchtime on Tuesday and it still hasnt come across. Normally it only takes a few hours.

Is there any chance I will see it hit the account today or am I going to be waiting until tomorrow.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi kittyc2018,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We'd advise checking this with your credit union as the time frame is dependent on the bank sending the payment. Just to mention, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week were public and bank holidays and transfers were not processed on these days.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,467 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

3 full days during the week when no transfers were processed at all? In 2021 that is a shocking thing to read. Is there no staff working during those 3 days at all? And why do your systems even need people to be in, can they not process the transfers automatically?

I have had many delays sending money from my NI BoI account to UK accounts, and am often asked by the recipients in the UK "why hasn't your transfer shown up", many hours after its been sent. They seem to be used to very fast transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us. Over the Christmas period there were a number of days which were classed as public and bank holidays. Payments are not processed on these days and the next working day to Christmas Eve was Thursday the 30th December. Payments were processed as normal on this day.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement