Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec interview-what to expect and how can they help

• 30-12-2021 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've recently transferred from the Pandemic Unemployment Payment to Jobseeker's Benefit Self-Employed and received a call today informing me a Seetec interview will be taking place next week.

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the interview?

I have looked at the various support schemes and the most relevant seems to be the Short Term Enterprise Allowance and the Enterprise Support Grant for businesses impacted by COVID-19.

As someone who was formerly self-employed the above-mentioned seems to be the most appropriate in order to recommence self-employment.

Will Seetec provide assistance and advice with this?

I've read about some poor experiences with this organisation and hope not to have one myself.

I would be grateful for any insight or advice on any of the aforementioned. 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

No, Seectac won't focus at all on self employment supports/grant applications, their remit is solely to focus on Job activation.

I'm afraid there's enough discussed on Boards about Seetac and Turas Nua (Jobspath) to check out, I won't add to the less than glowing reviews, you can look through various Threads to learn more in this section.

Basically you'll be brought through a process of Resume preparation, Absurd tasks and asked to sign a contract ( you are not legally required to sign this). Please see previous advice on this particular subject on other Threads.

The key in essence is to engage, Document everything, Accept calls or attend meetings, in essence be seen to engage, they will report lack of engagement in a heart beat to SW.

There are some courses they'll agree to but in terms of self employed grants, applications etc, you'd need to explore them on your own, but do advise Seetac you are doing this, they can't object but in essence their fees are paid by placing you in physical EMPLOYMENT or getting you off a jobseekers payment, sadly the success rate has been utterly appalling with over €230 million spent (wasted) on this scheme to date. Good luck, but look through previous threads on this company.

Post edited by Dempo1 on

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Hi Dempo,

Could elaborate on the 'absurb tasks' ? Just curious

Too many to list honestly ,

For a start , look through countless threads on this particular shower and Jobspath generally and people's appalling experiences to date.

Then perhaps Google Jobspath, abuses, complaints, reviews, results.

Indeed, if time allows, check out contributions to the Dail Public accounts Committee .

But more importantly look at the latest shocking report on this scandalous waste of taxpayers money released by the PAC.

For almost 2 years now this scheme has essentially closed down, most offices actually closed and staff let go (how ironic) but a chosen few retained, sitting at home, making a few calls per week ticking boxes. Great use of resources that and of Zero use to clients .

€230 Million to date, given to two private companies, one not even registered in the state, in essence 2 recruitment firms, one linked to FRS who's only incentive is fee income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭piplip87

You bet back what you put into it. I had a great experience there a few years ago. My adviser was bang on. Some of the "absurd tasks" include CV preparation, mock interviews and I know I applied for the Civil Service while on Seetec and they helped with prep for the tests etc.

Their success rate is low because at first they worked with the lifetime jobseekers, those who do not have any intention of ever finding a job.

Many of the outraged about Seetec are those who fit into the category of the lifetime jobseeker. Whose only goal is to attend the sessions to keep the 203 coming in..

Seriously, you believe success rate low because they first worked with a life time of unemployed 😳 you are actually aware long term unemployment rates have been historically low for years, these schemes have been in operation for years now and achieved practically Zero results .

I'm glad you had a positive experience sadly you appear to be a very, very rare exception.

Post edited by Dempo1 on

• Advertisement
Advertisement