Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Year 2021

Options
  • 30-12-2021 9:57pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Surprised no one started one of these threads, anyway for me:

Epica - Omega

The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock and Roll

Volbeat - Servant of the Mind

Ad Infinitum - Chapter II Legacy

Beast in Black - Dark Connection

Haven't listened to Mastodon, might get to it in the next while, I suspect it will be the most popular choice.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mine probably goes to Carcass for Torn Arteries, though I was also a big fan of Cradle of Filth's Existence is Futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Haven't listened to too much metal over the year. But Iron Maidens new one is a belter. Especially the second half. Some amazing tunes there. The songs are long as per trademark Maiden, but the tunes really hold up. Can't wait to hear the last songs live. After about 40 years and 17 albums (I think), these guys are getting better. I though Book of Souls was good. But this is even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Persona non Grata by Exodus gets the nod from me,not much in the way of new releases last year but this and Maidens are the best of the bunch.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Moonflowers by Swallow the Sun is the pick of the bunch for me. Also enjoyed releases by Cult of Luna (The Raging River) and Dvne (Etemen Ænka). Mastodon's album was solid as well.

Probably the first time I've not given a Steven Wilson release album of the year, but The Future Bites was pretty disappointing imo.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement