Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 In Between Grand Slam Thread

Options

Comments

Kyrgios is a total joke giving out about the crowd given how he was geeing the crowd up against his opponents at the AO in the doubles

What a tool as he would say himself.

Umpire is being very patient with the tosser.

Kyrgios should have won that.

Beat himself again.

Dream match-up for the event given the history -> totally packed house on a Thursday afternoon

Fair game to report objectively on the reporting I would have thought.

Facts are facts.

If Sharon Ní Bheoláin reported the RTE news grossly overweight it would be mentioned by any and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What an absolute twat kyrgios is. He could have won that match if he had kept his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Nadal sends the clown packing thank christ. Looking forward to the probable SF with Alcaraz. Would be slightly less excited if it was Norrie 🙂

• Advertisement

And that makes his carry on even worse. Kyrgios could have been a multiple time grand slams champion, something most guys on the tour would give their right arm for and Kyrgios just p***es it all away. Such a waste.

Weight jibes aimed at tennis commentators add nothing to the discussion. Consider this a warning.

Do remember a few comments about Alize Lim during the AO

Well Alize is attractive I'll give her that.

And did actually play tennis.

People in the media are out there in the media.

Goes with the job.

Alcaraz is scrapping to stay on level terms at the moment.

Norrie not going to give up his title without a fight and is producing errors from Alcaraz.

Some unbelievable reactions from Alcaraz to keep it tight.

Not caught by the tv cameras, but Kyrgios nearly hit a ball boy with his racquet smash

I'm sure the ATP will be springing into action to sanction him though. Right? Right?!

The child ducked though, so it's all good

• Advertisement

Crushing for Norrie to lose that set, especially on serve.

Alcaraz showing that even when making some errors that tennis is about performing on the big points, like the biggest players do.

Brutally physical all-around game.

Alcaraz versus OCD focus man could well be the second former world number one to fall to the phenom in his rise.

If Alcaraz could claim the title he would be matching Nadal's age for first masters title almost to the day.

But would have zero chance of repeating Nadal's 2005 year. Clay.

Still he's going to be a proper champion and world number 1 barring injury. Both the quality and mentality are there. A real star.

Am looking forward to the Indian Wells semi finals tonight, I hope they won't disappoint. Not sure who I want to win the first semi but it will be good to see these 2 against each other. As for the second semi final it will be interesting to see if Alcaraz can put it up to to Nadal. My own feeling is that Nadal will have too much for him and it will be over in 2 sets. I actually think Nadal has too much over all the semi finalists and can see him winning out.

Don't have too much interest in the Fritz Rublev match - they are 2 apiece in the h2h

Rublev should do it.

Nadal is favourite in the betting but I hope that Alcaraz can beat him.

Hopefully a good match with Alcaraz drop-shotting the scraggly wizened prune and smashing away some forehand rockets

blasts Nadal off the court in the first game

but Alcaraz liable to being broken himself as shown

Some hold by Alcaraz there. Only 2 games in, If they keep hitting like this those balls won't make the 7 games for the first ball change.

Nadal drop shotting already

A lot of wayward shots in the opening games from both players.

Still not the complete article at all Alcaraz in terms of shot selection - shooting for the moon often when he doesn't need to.

Nevertheless you have to admire the non-pusher attitude.

Needs to be able to hold serve without troubling himself so much.

More disguise required on his service for one thing. Seems a big issue to me.

Alcaraz will always be a danger for opponents on their serve as he's a top-tier returner along with amazing movement.

• Advertisement

Alcaraz needs to work on that serve. Missing way too much. Can't afford to miss as many serves as he is against the top players.

Bit of a disappointing end to the set. Alcaraz lost a bit of confidence as he went on, took less risks. Hoping it doesn't become one sided from here.

Ah well, Nadal not ready to pass the baton to Alcaraz just yet. Best of luck in the final Fritz 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

By arse-picker , you do mean the greatest player of all time?

Watched the final set this morning

Some great long games in that match that decided the contest

E.g. fifth game in the third set

Some very good volleying by Nadal in those key games

Only Djokovic has Nadal's number

Crazy to think that Nadal has only won one set of the last twenty that they have played together on hardcourts (19 in a row)

I do stand by the fact that the constant OCD stuff is a chore to have to observe watching a Nadal match

Every point constantly picking at the arse and crotch area of his shorts and the fifteen movement face rub

There should be some special camera-work employed in Nadal matches to cut away the shot to avoid it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I fail to see what Nadals match last night has anything to do with Djokovic whatsoever. Your obsession with Nole doesn't have to contribute to all your posts.

Facts are facts.

Nadal is profiting in djokovic's absence, good for him but it's an insult to anyone's intelligence to pretend that it's not a factor in it.

Djokovic has wiped the floor with Nadal on hard courts over the last decade.

19 consecutive sets is a very clear and simple story.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JuanBerrosa

Nadal getting stronger and stronger and stronger and stronger ... 36 in June, he will win every slam this year and every masters he enters....

We know it .

They know it.

But shhhh ... lets all keep a straight face and not talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Advertisement