Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

This is bloody painful stuff, the delays are ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I dont know what to say....

I am due refund as i overpaid.... It may not be massive for some... But its massive for my family. Its frustrating to say at least. And its been over 2 weeks since i submitted.... They knew this and did again nothing to prevent it.... Always the same... Tax payer left behind....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Desertmoon1

I am so annoyed now. I've a whole week til pay day and was paid early in December. This is badly needed, I had budgeted I'd have it early January like last year. Still waiting. I cant understand the delay. They have the figures on husbands illness benefit, it was there already. I didnt have to input it so why does it have to be verified??? The mind boggles. Bloody government departments.... if my company carried on like this customers would go crazy!

Has anyone got through to them or got any kind of timeframe? 17 January has been and gone now, so what's the excuse now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Cork2021

On the same boat no pay until Thursday week and have a nice sun coming back to me! Would have been ideal if it had come last week! They’ll never learn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I spoke to someone yesterday at revenue, and he said the info had to come in on the 17th, but it needs to be processed first. He mentioned something about over night, but also said data might not go out until end of the week, or early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 micksee

I done my income tax return on 3/01. I then spoke with someone from revenue who told me my sol would not be ready until 17/01. My sol was actually able to view on the 15/01 which was last Saturday but still no refund issued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Literally the busiest time of the year for Revenue with an increase in people filing returns since the 2019 PAYE changes along with more people filing much earlier in the year. Add in COVID impacts such as most staff working from home, being diverted to COVID related activities such as TWSS, EWSS etc and unavoidable delays because of end of year DSP work meaning DSP payments could only be sorted from this week; and you have delays. You also then have your percentage of returns which are always held for verification. Delays for some SOLs were always going to happen.

Appreciate all of that, some sort of update from the revenue through their various channels of communication could have helped ease peoples frustrations over the delays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

My SOL is finally available. Submitted on 1st Jan. husband had received PUP so delayed until now

edited to say I didn’t get any email notification and no orange dot on my documents tab. I just went in to View my SOL and it was there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Herself got through today to someone in revenue and he said they should be processed this week.

Thanks for that, fingers crossed that is the case, the guess work left to the public was needless and could have been easily avoided, even a message the number when ya call to explain timeframes, wouldn’t have been that hard to do.

3-5 days from income tax return, I reckon we’ll see our SOL this week at some stage!

Post edited by Bikerguy on

Nothing here yet. Could it go up at anytime or is it just uploaded overnight? Just to save me checking 10 times a day....

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

If could go up anytime. I checked yesterday morning and nothing, yesterday lunchtime and again nothing but it was there then approx 4pm.

Nah nothing here either.

Dont say that.... Now i will be checking all day long....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Nothing here either, so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dot34

Its shocking, and for us its the only thing holding up our mortgage application for our self-build. Booooo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Peterk88

Mine went up at bout 3.30 in the day..so could go up anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Just when I'd decided to not check again until I get an e-mail... one more for the day can't hurt 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭another36

Every year there is some kind of excuse - revenue used to be the most efficient public service - not anymore. Our figures for illness payment were already verified (few weeks sick leave earlier in the year) There was no need to hold the SOL until now.

I assume it will come this week and a refund next week or the week afterwards - this year I am going to apply for my Med1 expenses as I go.

A simple message on the paye phone line would have made things a lot easier for everyone but that seemed too difficult for the revenue.

Can u apply as you go?

It was news to me too only discovered late November that a real time Med1 expenses claim can be made. It was too late to see it before Christmas so I didn't bother but going forward I'll be doing it everytime I have a few receipts. We have a child that has a large number of medical expenses on an ongoing basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭dockysher

I'm still waiting over two weeks for my SOL but strange today around 6pm received an email with a claim reference number from revenue ROS online, anyone any idea what this would be?

I haven't submitted anything else.

I got the acknowledgement email on 2 Jan just after I submitted my return. Its gone beyond a joke now. Be no shopping done this week....I how never waited this long for SOL

Ya I got one then too when I submitted the return over two weeks ago and a claim reference number.

But then this email yesterday was same thing with new claim reference number even though I haven't submitted anything since.

Anyways hopefully SOL be available soon.

• Advertisement

nothing again this morning.

The same....nothing at all.... submitted on the first of jan.... And still 0. Well i really hope it will be sorted this week.... What drives me mad is.... If you would owe any amount of € in unpaid bill you will be due to pau interest and fees for every single day....yet..this can be dragged on and on...

Post edited by Bikerguy on

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

looking at the previous years i have never received my sol anytime before March . I think they hate me there or something. in 2019 my SOL was only issued after ringing them few times . It was May!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

Nothing this morning, but in now. Wife had IB. No email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

Logged in to check - nothing new in My Documents, no email but clicked on View in the Review your tax 2018 - 2021 section and it was available to view this time. Nearly 1k should be on its way to me. Happy days.

P.S. - weird. Tried to View again and it takes me to My Documents section saying i've no unread documents?? Went through Yearly folders of My Documents and found it in 2021 folder.

Got mine!!!! Thank fûck!! The €5600 in the preliminary statement was halved basically!

• Advertisement

Our SOL is there now thankfully, nothing when I checked it earlier and no email received either, good luck to everyone else, hopefully we all get sorted asap

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dot34

Hi everyone. I just got mine today, no email or text but it was in my documents.

I had DSP payments for last year on there, maternity and parents leave to be specific. Took 13 days but thankfully its back and a serious wee lift to the bank account on the way too, which is unheard of :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Got no email, mine has arrived within the last 2 hours, wasn't there at 1pm.

Oh I hope mine is there soon. Nothing yet 😪 at least they seem to be moving through them

Got mine now, wasn't there in morning. 214 being paid back to me. Not bad, nice few pints out of that

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Put it in on Jan 2nd, they estimated overpayment of 2,200. Added a medical claim if 730 onto it.

Came back this afternoon, refund of 207 🙄

Guess wife's maternity,my parental/parents leave and 3wks of PUP screwed me

This is a joke. Return done 2 Jan still nothing. No pup, just IB non covid related. Due back med exps, wfh etc and still waiting!!! I really need my refund now!

Got ours - no email but it was in the my documents section so keep checking (wasn't there this morning but there after 4) how long to see the money in the account?

I check it about 10 times a day! I did my sons on a Sunday and money was in his account Wednesday evening, so 3 days, probably be there Monday for u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I still can't even submit for my SOL. When I try to do the income tax return I get this error.

"Something went wrong and we are having trouble processing your request at this time.

Please come back later and try again.

Error ID: FORM124507397058468514237"

I rang last week and was told to wait a few days and try again. And no response from anyone on my enquiries

Thanks.

I was checking so much I taught they would block me.

I really could have done with it this weekend, monthly paid and the 500 weeks of January are very long, but at least I know it's coming now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Getting this error message after I login and try to view 2021

"Sorry!

PAYE-BASE-WEBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Ive used X to replace numbers above in case they are somehow linked to my account/request..

anyone else get this before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I have the exact same I posted it above

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Worried2019

Very similar happened to me. Expected about 2,300 - got €200. I was on maternity leave for 5 months of 21. I’m very confused as I wasn’t expecting this

• Advertisement
Advertisement