Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardtail recommendations with BTW

Options
  • 31-12-2021 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I'm looking to get back into the sport after about 15 years. It's been too long. I've got ~€1000 to spend and I've read great reviews of the voodoo bizango, but Halfords don't do the BTW scheme, or at least not through my employer. Am I better off just buying the bizango and forgetting about BTW, or should I spend a bit more at my LBS on Trek/Specialized etc, so I can take advantage of the BTW scheme and get the tax break? Ultimately, which will get me the better bike?

Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

shop around, dont get too hung up on brands, many good bikes out there at that price, makes perfect sense to use the btw, its a nice bonus from working, and welcome back

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ger1001

Yeah, not too hung up on brands, just trying to get the best value for my money. I definitely plan on renting a few also, just to see what's out there and what suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

definitely try as many as you can before you buy, this could be difficult though, due to current supply issues, even ask lads for a go of their bikes if you see them on trails, renting is a great way of checking out bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

You could get the voodoo bizango and use the BTW to get all the gear, once you start youll realise you need a lot, and its pricey, full face helmet maybe, gloves, knee elbow pads, lights, mudguards, bike rack for the car, bottle and cage, camelbak etc etc.

try bikes with different geometry, the ones in ticknock rental are not as slack as the Merida Big Trail i got last year in revolve in wicklow, im a noob and its really obvious and feel much more secure in the slacker position.

Advertisement