Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glowpower bills confused me

Options
  • 31-12-2021 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Sorry Folks for opening the second topic with my issue with Glowpower.

So, Glowpower already took 120 EUR from my bank on 02/Dec/2021 for (18/Oct/2021-16/Nov/2021) see Photo 1 below.

Now, they seems want another 45.81 EUR from my bank for 18/Oct/2021-16/Dec/2021 see Photo 2 below. From my understanding, they are trying to charge me twice for the Standing charge, PSO Levy, etc ?

I actually successfully switched to another supplier at the end of my contract with Glowpower on 17/Nov/2021. So, I think, they could only charge me for one day more for 17/Nov/2021?

Do you guys think it sounds right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

It looks ok to me, I thought for a while you might be paying vat twice but you aren't. They gave a bill that you paid then just merged the remaining time, to create one bill, took off the amount you'd paid and charging for the balance, not sure why they would do that instead of just giving you another bill.

When have they had actual reads rather than estimates?

In the first bill they have the first 10 days before the tariff rise as 94kwh at 22 cent then the next 20 days 188kwh at 32, that looks clearly estimated, they've just divided the usage of over the days. Again, the second bill looks like an estimate because they've just divided the total usage over the number of days. The second bill has 50kwh at the lower tariff. So you're paying for 44kwh at 10 cent higher, on the second bill, it's only €4 odd but still.

They also appear to have only 44 days of PSO levy on the second bill, not sure why, they are definitely charging you standing charges for the full 60 days.

In terms of switching you are being billed until mid December, you say you switched, just check that those dates tally with your new supplier, new supplier should of only started billing you in mid December. With the PSO of 44 days there's a chance glow have charged you for 2 weeks more than they should of, if you requested a switch mid November, 4 weeks is quite a long time for it to go through, might be right but check start date with new supplier.

You're well to be rid of glow power, that most recent rise is double the standing charge of most providers and more than double the unit rate.

Edit- just one other thing, are you a very low user for electric, it's only 5kwh a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

They had a €50 off final bill offer for moving to Bord Gais in December - they issued final bill without the discount. Now trying to get it back.

Very odd crowd, didn't charge my second last bill, and then charged full amount in last bill, calling previous bill "overdue" even though direct debit.

Advertisement