Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 - 1000 mile challenge - year 13

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheRef

I went over 2000km last weekend. That's about 1950km more than I ran in the previous 12 years combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Hit a 1000 during the week, been out for some time with various injuries so a lot later this year than usual.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Plonked myself bang on 1000.0 miles this morning. Failed to reach this milestone in 2020 and 2021 due to assorted injuries, so very pleased to tick it off this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

2,000 miles ticked off, lovely recovery 4 miler with my daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

On 2220 miles for the year so far. All going very well I could hit 2600 for the year. Still down on last year though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

A 331-mile October has me back on track for 3k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well over the 3,000 kms anyway. Kms are better than miles for this kind of counting. 😉 Should hit the 2k miles in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Hit the 1000 mile mark yesterday. First time achieving this in a year. I missed most of january too after a minor surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Through 2,000 miles this morning in St. Anne's park - one day ahead of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I hit 1000 miles on Saturday doing the Clonakilty marathon that never was. I did the first half and struggled with myself and the weather too so a second half on my own.

This year was my fist full year running after losing 5 stone last year and then finding c25k.

I have ran in about 20 events this year including 2 half and 2 three quarter marathons. I wanted to top the year off with a marathon to see how far I was away from running a continuous one. The weather didn't help and that hill at the 7k mark was a killer. But I continued to pace myself to make sure I did it in 2hrs, got my medal and set out again. A few pauses and walks here and there but I did it.

I found that running is the best therapy for my mindset and I feel the huge benefits it brings me.

I didn't understand why people ran and just couldn't get it, and yes, it took me until almost reaching my mid 50s to finally understand why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Well done, serious mental strength to do the second half by yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Passed the 2000 miles on Strava today, some time last week in reality.

Tale of the tape

• Running time - 270 hours 42 minutes
    • 249 Runs
    • Average pace of 8.06 per mile
    • 63,698 feet of elevation gain

Todays 8 mile was just shy of average at 8.09. Tried to get the 8 mile at 8.06 as this would have been exactly average distance and pace for the year. Might do 22 miles between now and Saturday just to have 2022 in 2022. Maybe I'm overthinking this running lark.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Fairly rubbish 2022 for me milage wise and well down on previous years with only just over 1200 miles. Started off great clocking the miles off, but then change of various things over the year and working shifts meant was mostly too knackered to run for the second half of the year. Didn't do my marathon times too much harm though as was getting plenty of time on my feet clocked up in walking about at work and managed to claim a fresh GFA place for London. Hopefully can figure out a way to fit in more running in 2023 and keep the marathon place for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

A few niggles in December meant 3k miles was a lastminute.com, but kept the streak going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Rounded off the year with a 5 x 1k session to top it off at 2511,marginally down on 2021.

Have suggested aiming for 3000 miles at home, that was met with a cool response

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

That's an incredible run. I've often wondered about whether you race and what kinda shape you're in. I don't know anything about you apart from incredible mileage and an incredible shoe collection 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

I had a poor year distance wise, 1'338 miles, mainly due to getting injured in September and that work thing getting in the way.

I did manage 158'344 feet of ascent, I like hills..

Did manage a 2nd in an IMRA race and I did well for my age at the World Mountain race in Clonmel

So I cant really complain !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Poncho1964

2022 a year to forget due to contracting Covid and then long Covid. Much better now and heres to a much better year in 2023!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Signing off the year with 928 miles. Given that on the 30 June I had only 650 km done it was a good positive split for the second half of the year. Here's to 2023

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭longrunn

Hit 1,200.5 miles in 2022 according to Strava. I know it was a bit more as there were a few runs that weren't recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ultrawoman

2,311 miles for the year. 2 bouts of bad Covid wrecked a lot of my training in 2022 so I took a lot more days off than in previous years. Here's to a more healthy and productive running year for 2023!

Heres to keeping the weight off! It creeps on when you're sick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I just totted up my total for the year and was honestly shocked. 3712.99km (should have done an extra lap of the driveway to round it up). I had two goals this year, which turned into 3

1 - Sub 3 in Paris in April (2:50!!)

2 - First full Ironman which I completed in Portugal in October

3 - Streak. Not the nudie kind. I started after I resumed training after a half iron in Turkey on November 14th 2022 and kept it going. It included comedy running round Disneyland after the Paris marathon and stumbling over the cobbles in Portugal. I won an entry to the Malaga marathon in December so took it as a long run and was able to keep the streak going after that. The streak is still in place with the lowest time being about 15 minutes when I get a cold but finding it very hard to stop it now.

Good luck in 2024 everyone!

Advertisement