Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you read blogs?

• 31-12-2021 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭

Blogging is dead, but then so are online forums. Yet here we are.

Do you still read blogs? Back 10 years ago I used to have my own and read lots of others, there would be certain blogs I'd look forward to reading. Checking for updates was really easy since they all had RSS (a feature that has since been removed from most browsers). Nowadays the only time I read a blog is if I'm looking for some specific information and it turns up in a search

If you don't read them what replaced it? Twitter,, Netflix?

Do you read blogs? 20 votes

Yes
    45%
    L1011megatenthomilAnesthetizeFathomgrowleaves[Deleted User]Burt RenaultsLonesomeTree 9 votes
    No
    55%
    Gregor SamsaStrummsdakarRelikkfritzellylertsnimBob HarrisSnails pacekowloonkevStill stihl waters 3SamStonesArm 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

No

Blogs schmlogs vlogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Yes

For a handful of things yes. A manga translator I follow on twitter has a good personal blog that highlights interesting stuff that might not be available in english yet.

I also follow blogs that cover art books and supplies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yes

Carefully. Don't want to fall in a blog. Might get sucked under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

No

I had one back in 2000 or so for a couple of years. I remember meeting up with all the Irish bloggers (we could find) at the time for a drink. I think there were 6 of us. This was when “Blogger” was a particular software platform that you installed on your own web server, although they had the blogspot.com domain people could use for hosting too. I had one of their t-shirts at some stage.

I haven’t followed a blog since 2003.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Yes

Yes, I read a few blogs run by former colleagues of mine. Also, I have to keep up with what the competition is doing, seeing that I run a blog myself 😉

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Some people seem to blog on Boards - no names...

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement