Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone here going to Gojira next month? I have a question about tickets. Have you received them in the post yet? I'd swear I had received the ticket not too long after ordering and have since lost it but I'm starting to wonder if I'm totally imagining that and they haven't actually been sent yet and the only thing I've lost is my mind.

Edit: Wasn't losing my mind, tickets were sent out ages ago as I thought and I had just accidently archived them :)

Post edited by Doomofman on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

devin townsend

ed sheerhan

tool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Attention Bebe

Jeff Rosenstock

Days N Daze

Bad Cop Bad Cop

Nightwish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Alanis Morissette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bringing junior to the middle one 🤣🤣then literally straight to tool 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

My list is a short one so far…

Liam Gallagher in RHK.

Im trying to buy standing tickets for Whitesnake but no joy so far, I’m not sitting down at a gig.

Erasure and Lionel Richie both cancelled but reading the above posts has given me a few ideas for more gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If you really want standing you can buy the ' 'Whitesnake VIP package' for the valuable price of €182.30+ Fees

'Package includes:

" One premium reserved ticket located in the first 10 rows or early access if GA

" Collectible Whitesnake lithograph; autographed by David Coverdale (limited print)

" Collectible Whitesnake patch

" Collectible Whitesnake pin set

" Specially designed Whitesnake tote bag

" Commemorative Whitesnake tour laminate

" Commemorative ticket " Merchandise shopping opportunity before general doors

" Limited availability Merchandise will be distributed at the show.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Randy Newman Vicar Street Mar 15/16...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

so far:

Damien Dempsey

Imelda May

Lindsey Buckingham

The Smile - @ The Roundhouse

The National

Electric Picnic

BDRMM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Wild Roots Festival

Body&Soul Festival

Stendhal Festival (will try to make it to this)

Pixies GIAF

All Together Now

Electric Picnic.

Vantastival (Might be working this too).

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

28.3.22 - Future Islands (Vicar St)

6.4.22 - Foreigner (Las Vegas)

10.4.22 - Sparks (Vicar St)

13.4.22 - Nick Mason (Convention Centre)

23.4.22 - Nick Mason (RAH)

7.5.22 - Gary Numan (Wembley)

10.5.22 - Whitesnake -Foreigner (3arena)

24.5.22 - Gary Numan (Olympia)

26.5.22 - Midge Ure (Button Factory)

5.6.22 - Billie Eilish (3arena)

30.8.22 - Roger Waters (New York)

22.9.22 - Kings’s X (Wolverhampton)

2.12.22- The Cure (3arena)

5.12.22 - Placebo (3arena)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

I’m bringing one of my kids to FatBoy Slim in March too. Should be a bit of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I went to see And So I Watch You From Afar last night in The MAC in Belfast. It was a 'Jettison' show. They released their latest album Jettison last Friday. The show last night involved the band sitting behind a 'screen' along with a string quartet but you could see them through the screen. Visuals were projected onto the screen and they played the album, which is one long piece of music, from start to finish. It was incredible. The first big gig I've been to this year. It's also the first gig I've been to in YEARS that there wasn't a single phone in sight. Everyone was too engrossed in the spectical. Class.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got to see The Darkness tonight. Quality performance, they're always so good. Heap of hits with a decent few from the new album. Always a good night

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The Olympia was rocking for each of the last 2 nights

Here's Justin Hawkins, or should that be "Flash! - not sure if he's mimicking David Bowie or Freddie Mercury - quality and incredibly entertaining show

Then last night it was Status Quo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

@Beasty what was with that for Justin? Saw the pics and im very confused? An unplanned wardrobe malfunction?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I reckon it was deliberate - he likes showing off all his tattoos. although there may have been one or two still under cover

At least he kept some clothes on for his headstand, although Rufus Taylor seemed to be averting his eyes anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like I'll be missing my first gig of the year tomorrow due to finally getting bit by the covid 😂, although luckily I got to Les Miserable last week so I'll take that still as a win

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I got covid at my first gig of the year last week! Thankfully nothing on this week really. Actually a good time to get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

'stratagem' with Alan Partridge 23rd April 3 Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Lucy Dacus, Olympia

Sparks, Vicar Street

Sparks, Ulster Hall

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets, Convention Centre

Public Service Broadcasting, Olympia

Christian Lee Hutson, The Grand Social

Billie Eilish, 3Arena

Duran Duran, St. Anne’s Park

Phoebe Bridgers, Fairview Park

Sharon Van Etten, Vicar Street

St. Vincent, Fairview Park

Yes, Vicar Street

Elton John, Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Pixies, Iveagh Gardens

Wolf Alice, Olympia

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Olympia

Wet Leg, Academy

The Cure, 3Arena

Post edited by delbertgrady on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Fatboy Slim next week

LG hopefully

NG maybe

Garth Brooks in September

And hopefully a Fangclub gig when they are back up and running.

Some changes required:

Irish gigs:

1. Texas
    2. The Darkness
    3. Status Quo
    4. Nick Mason
    5. Whitesnake, Foreigner & Europe
    6. Imelda May
    7. Lindsey Buckingham
    8. Iron Maiden (Belfast)
    9. The Eagles
    10. Kaiser Chiefs
    11. Madness
    12. The Stranglers
    13. Rod Stewart

Gigs in Britain include

1. Cheap Trick
    2. Stereophonics
    3. The Fratellis
    4. Paul Weller
    5. Sting
    6. Suzi Quatro
    7. Blondie
    8. Alice Cooper
    9. Jeff Beck
    10. Queen
    11. Elvis Costello
    12. Elton John
    13. Roger Daltrey
    14. Steve Hackett
    15. The Proclaimers
    16. Deep Purple
    17. Status Quo
    18. The Rolling Stones
    19. Kiss (Download Festival at Donington)

2 x UB40 didn't quite work out and Midge Ure has pushed his tour back to 2023

Have managed to add a Thursday at Anfield followed by a Friday at Donington though. Saw the Stones in 82 and the mid 90s, but will be my first experience of Kiss

Only 10 of the 32 are in the second half of the year - plenty of scope for more....

I have the advantage of being semi retired - only work one day a week and can plan trips incorporating multiple gigs (and matches). Early April I'll be at Old Trafford for a match, then after a day break (looking to fit another sporting event into that day) it's 5 gigs in 5 days. At the end of May it will be another 5 gigs in 6 days, with either motor racing at Donington or cricket on the other day

That's living life right there

Hope you enjoy every second of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement