Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB balance query.. anyone ever experience this?

• 31-12-2021 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Had anyone noticed changes to their account balance, not related to income being added to account?

I noticed in my AIB app, that I was recently paid from my job ( saw via the transaction list) but my current account balance does not reflect this)

My balance is not reflecting money recently lodged. Also account maintenence charges don't explain the money missing. I recognise all transactions listed.

The balance should have more in it if my wages were only lodged yesterday.

Anyone ever experienced a similar scenario?

Could it be a glitch with the app or the bank?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there any pending transaction showing? I know this week is particularly messed up with the bank holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

How do I check pending transactions?

For example, my wages were paid in yesterday, but my balance only shows I have less than €20 in my current account.

The issue is only in my AIB current account. My AIB savings account balance is correct.

Are you just opting for the quick balance option or checking your transactions, pending appear at the top of the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭beachhead

Do you mean that the amount you expected was due to be lodged yesterday? Banks have been on holiday since the 24th Dec.Chances are you won't see the amount credited until the 3rd or 4th Jan but will show whatever date you expected.This happens every year without fail and not a cause for alarm.Same can happen if lodgement date is the Friday of a bank holiday and the interbank transfer service is snowed under.If,it's a foreign[outside of Ireland]then 2 banks are involved=more delay.

Under the payment logs, this weeks wages are listed at the top, and marked beside it as completed. But my balance shows up as having less than €20 in account when it should be in the €200 mark at least.

I have no standing orders,etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Probably money in is not fully reflected meaning it's on the list but not added for total balance yet. Don't worry about it too much, it will fix itself in a few working days, that happens during public holidays, especially when we had just two actual days bank did transfers. Or, as above, something in pending to go out (maybe direct debit or standing order).

Thanks.

Just to add, I checked my balance there on Monday 27th , and it was in the €700 mark, The following day I made an online purchase for an item at less than €20, and this item has been dispatched. Now suddenly, my balance on the app has gone down to less than €20 somehow after being in the €700 mark earlier this week, with no further purchases being made in the meantime.

Does n't make a lot of sense.

You possibly have one or more pending transactions (online or shop purchase or DD, or SO) which made you funds to be put aside but merchant hasn't claimed it yet hence no record about the transaction (again, it should show up in pending, however, if it's a DD or SO, it may not show in pending until it's cleared). Normally transactions can be pending up to 5-7 working days, so during this Christmas time it eventually can be up to 2 weeks.

Thanks.

From doing a little research, I think it may be a case that when my current account balance reaches a certain figure that the funds are then automatically transferred over to my savings account.

Any AIB customer experience such a situation?

I will of course need to confirm with the bank when it re opens.

Never heard of this but this is very interesting. If so, you should see a setup standing order for some amount being setup to go from your current to savings account. This could be checked in your online banking. Will be interested to know the real reason once you'll contact the bank, I believe, you can call them any day 9am to 5pm or contact the branch when it reopens.

• Advertisement

Hi.

Meant to reply sooner, yes, as above it seems from my latest statement that there is indeed a standing order in place to move funds from current to savings account when current account reaches a certain figure.

Mystery solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭Slick666

This happened me often in the past. Id look at my balance and say that cant be right. And Id think someone was scamming money from my account etc. So I added up all my expenses and they were larger than I though I was spending lol. I was spending more than I thought I was. No one was robbing me, I was only robbing myself :)

Advertisement