Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sail and Rail

• 31-12-2021 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Lads myself and my daughter are going to the Man Utd vs Aston Villa match at Old Trafford on the 10th January. We had the flights booked with Aer Lingus but we were notified of flight changes which are not going to suit us so I cancelled. Ive been to OT many times but Ive never done the Sail and Rail so Im wondering if its straightforward enough? Also, I see midlands travel are doing and overnight trip, I know back in the day we used to be able to get a lift on the coach if there were spaces available for a few quid, is this still the case? Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I got the sail & rail from to Dublin to Liverpool (via Holyhead) a few time. Very straight forward once you are on the ferry in Dublin. You don't need to pick an Irish train journey if not needed

The port is the train station in Holyhead.

You just have to choose the destination train station on the site. Liverpool / Manchester are roughly the same direction so you might have a small change at Chester (someone else will know better than me here) , but you will quickly notice that a lot of people on the ferry & train are doing the same journey as you.

The journey going to the UK on the ferry is sound, but coming home it can be trickier with seats on the ferry harder to find.

Advertisement