Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are your goals for 2022

• 01-01-2022 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Is there an event or PR that you will be aiming for?

Comments

Lose fat. I've been gymming since July and I've put on a good amount of muscle, but I still have a wobbly mid section so I need to focus on my diet more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If I get through dry January I’ll call that a major win.

A foreign holiday........them 2weeks in Lanzarote in 2019 feel like a lifetime ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Haven't thought of it yet in terms of fitness goals. At the minute I'm working towards doing 100 miles in a month with the Mater Foundation so I want to get through that. In the gym I've been progressing nicely so I just want to keep that up. Finished the year the fittest lightest and strongest I've been in years so I need to kick on once I shed the Christmas excess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭CPTM

At start of December I finally managed to acheive 10 wide grip pullups. Took a long time getting there. Apparently that means I have enough strength to do a muscle-up. So for 2022 I would be looking to fully master muscle-ups. 5-10 reps would be the dream but I've a small baby on the way so we'll have to see what I can get done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

To lose 20 lbs of body fat. This will be achieved mostly through diet, and I'll get back in the gym after taking the month of December off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Row 2000m under 7 minutes on the concept rower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Become a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alphaLaura

I was chasing after a few PRs last year and developed a shoulder issue which ended up curtailing everything. I started doing hypertrophy-centered stuff and shoulder rehab from last September.

• I want to be back doing strength stuff by the end of 2022.
    • I want to OHP an actual bar again 🙄
    • Deadlift: 1RM 87.5kg last year, would love to do this x2 this year.
    • Squat: Have only been at front squats due shoulder, so... Not really sure that I care deeply enough about squats to even put numbers on a goal!
    • Bench... If I can bench a bar this year, I will be overjoyed!
    • I still can't eat enough and doubt I'll ever make it over 50kg. That won't stop me from trying though 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Successfully get an intact myprotien delivery via fastway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Jarren1

Staying injury free.

Hmm, I think it's important to have realistic goals tbh. Perhaps dial it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

8 years (how time flies!) since I last stepped onto a stage so 2022 will be the year I prepare to compete again in 2023. Unfortunately I'll now be in the over 40s class which is absolutely brutal and packed full of monsters so it'll be a real challenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Get to 12% body fat.

Considering I’m at about 22%+ now I’ll have to tighten up on my diet……..starting Monday of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Positive about fitness goals at the moment.. dislocated my arm in 2021 and packed on a lot of weight (COVID restrictions didn't help)

So at my heaviest but back in the gym and have a new confidence about taking on more each time, suprisingly I'm at a PB when it comes to 5km jogging (walking for the Mater Foundation 100 miles must be where I got through that mental block)

So hopefully take on some 5km and a 10km by June 🏆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Hit a minimum of 183 training sessions (managed 200+ last year), at this stage I'm more interested in maintaining what I have, I'd love to get to 10% or lower bf even just for few days (hovering around the 13-15% for a while now).

Whatever your goals are, best of luck all.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement