Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with now TV stick

Options
  • 02-01-2022 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

I've had two now TV sticks in the house, one in extension and one in bedroom working with no problems over WiFi.

Over the last month or so they have become unusable. They would work fine for a minute and then a message saying Internet connection has been lost would come up.

The unusual thing is it happened in the extension first. The problem only surfaced in the bedroom a couple of weeks after that. It also works fine over WiFi in the same rooms via phone and tablet.

I've tried checking for updates, factory resetting the sticks and rebooting the modem without success.

Just wondering if any users have experienced anything similar and found a solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

The best solution I found was to use a wi fi extender, about 1 metre, then you can move stick about and it keeps it cooler. Look for hdmi 1.4 extender in amazon. You should also go to settings and select check connection, that runs diagnostics and may offer a few hints.

Hope you see this.

Advertisement