If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUDIOLAB CDT

Options
  • 03-01-2022 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Happy new year,

My Denon NE800 CD player I have is again acting up with a few unsupported error messages upon disc insertion but still works occassionaly. The USB section works fine and I use it for the zillions of FLAC rips I have and so will just use it for that. I already had it repaired (with you guys help before xmas). I never liked it's cheap feeling CD tray anyway.

But I have a ton of CD's and recently got a new Loxjie DAC so was looking at a CD transport for the first time to hook into this. The CDT6000 looks good and noticed it was a bit cheaper before Xmas, I ask kindly if any deal can be done on it plus I would take the extended care warranty you offer. Pity it is slot loading (And I know you stock the Cambridge CXC too) but I have read good reviews on it for sound+build quality, but also some reporting it scratches CD's..yikes! but obviously very small reporting that.

THX,

Thomas

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Parasomnia.

Thanks for the post.

The CXC is a fantastic CD transport. We must have been lucky enough as we have yet to sell one that has had any issues.

Its currently priced at 429 Euro. The 6 year cover would come in at 10%. 42.90 Euro, this is also refundable at the end of the 6 years if you have not had to use the 6 year cover.

The Audioquest CDT6000 is also an excellent unit. Currently priced also at 429 Euro and again the 6 year cover would be 42.90 Euro

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭parasomnia

Hi Kenny,

The issue I was referring to the slot loading Audiolab, there are more than a few forum reports out there of CDs being noticably scratched but that is still a tiny amount, most have zero issue's.

Thx but I'll wait for a sale or a clearance unit down the line, the cdt6000 was 399 a few weeks back on the site. There seems no Jan sale on traditional hi fi only TVs?

Thomas.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Parasomnia.

We've had no issues with the AudioLab scratching disks on any that we have sold.

The CDT may have been a part of our Black Friday with a cheaper price.

The Boxing day sale is currently running but due to finish very shortly. Not all products get reduced in our sales and it is only selected lines. Stock levels may also be a factor as there are shortages by the manufacturers due to the current chip shortage.

Keep your eye out and if it drops to a price you are happy with let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.