Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Representative Bullying elderly relative.

Options
  • 03-01-2022 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

My 85 year old recieved 12 phonecalls from an Eir representative this morning, starting at 8.10am.

Background: She made a comment in her Longford Eir branch that she suspected she was paying too much for her phone, email and landlines service. This comment was made to the shop assistant at Eir in Longford. The assistant must have made a note of it on their Intranet, resulting in the phonecalls from Eir this morning.

Bullying: When my relative answered the phone to the CR, the guy kept telling her to calm down ( even though she was completely calm) and that if she didn't " Calm down", that he would cut off the phones and broadband! This behaviour is completely reprehensible and deserves further investigation. Unfortunately my relative did not get his name and she lives alone. I'm heading over there now to catch him if he calls again.

Furthermore, the Eir shop assistant agreed that my relative may have been taken advantage of initially, due to her age, as the package that was set up for her is completely unsuitable to her needs and, as you can imagine, she would not be very assertive or sure of herself when it comes to technology.

Question. Is there a way of finding out who this individual is and is there an Eir Representative here on Boards in any capacity.

I welcome any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Don’t all those conversations start off with “this conversation is being recorded for training ourposes”? Get your gran to make a written data access request for the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,783 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There would be call records kept and notes kept by Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Just contact eir directly via their complaints section and outline your issues. I believe all customer calls are recorded, so they will be able to check the conversation this morning, but the employee will probably just get a warning. To be quite honest I am not sure what you are hoping to achieve by speaking to the person directly.

If you can prove that your relative was deliberately mis-sold an unsuitable package then they might receive some compensation, but I doubt this will happen. Just focus on changing her package for her so it suits her needs. I don’t think there are too many 85 year olds who know what exactly they need with regards to technology, so she might have agreed to a strange deal because she thought she needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭HazeDoll

I can't remember Eir specifically but aren't we usually told that calls MAY be recorded?

Anyway I don't ever remember being told that an incoming call was being recorded.

OP, use a voice recording app on your phone to record the call. Allow your relative to answer the phone and proceed as if you weren't there. Don't say a word. Get the evidence you need before you intervene or it's your relative's word against theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Any time I've ever dealt with eir customer 'service' it's made me lose the will to live so good luck getting anywhere making a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Deeec

Are you sure it was Eir who is making these calls - they sound very threatening. Im not sure if they would be calling on a bank holiday - could be wrong though. That many calls sounds dodgy - Could this possibly be another scam? Was she asked for bank details, card details etc.

Ive told my parents to hang up on callers like this who want to talk technology or phones/tv - they too would not be tech savvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,003 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The worst company I ever had dealings with strikes again. Awful company. I had to get on to the Ombudsman to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I've had several calls a day recently from a scam claiming to be "Eircom". She may not have been called by Eir at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Today is a bank holiday, so I doubt it was eir calling.

They also are unlikely to call at 8am.

They certainly would not threaten to cut you off.

It's purely a coincidence I suspect.

In terms of a plan, pure telecom have a good value standard plan with no bells and whistles. I think it is about €40 all in including line and calls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ask for the recording ( fobbed me off a few years back when they basically denied saying what they said to me)

never got the recording but at least it helped me start the ball rolling ref money owed to me

there a link here in some eir thread ref the cei of eirs email account address

always comreg 🙄

they suck bigtime ref customer care - aren’t trained properly at all

theres shagging monkeys 🙉 in Fota island would do a better job

course they win the annual worse customer service award year in and out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's highly unlikely it was Eir at 8am in a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Agree with Jim, sounds very much like scammers. Does she have a computer

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eir don't even own the shops with their name on them so the chances that an offhand comment there would lead to an actual call are near nil

Almost certainly a scammer who kept calling back as they thought they might get something. How much personal info was given out to this person?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

There is a very simple solution to this one... Just call to your relatives house call Eir and have your relative nominate you to discuss whatever needs to be discussed in relation to the contract... There are a few questions to be answered and you both need to be there at the same time to do this... Then your name will be added as a person who can discuss the account at anytime even without your relative being present.

I am currently doing this for a neighbor but he will be changing to mobile only in the coming weeks and i am currently setting up as he needs this panic alarm changed to new contract... Let us know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

yes they do - as of last Saturday. But even before that it was a very integrated agreement with one outsourced company which also looked after all business sales on behalf of eir.

But as of Jan 1st all eir stores are owned and operated by eir

Advertisement