Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further cooking a roast the day after

Options
  • 03-01-2022 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I cooked a roast in the oven yesterday evening and it turned out very rare, but edible. After the remainder cooled down(it was left out standing on a plate on the counter covered in Tinfoil for about 3 hours, I left the fridge over night.

I was wondering if I stick it in the oven to cook it through a bit more today and eat the remainder today? Or is it too risky?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

That must have been as tough as old boots ....

I wouldn't have any problem re-cooking it , but I'd do it today , and I'd probably cook it with some liquid , to stop it drying out , and in a closed container -or wrapped in tin foil - again to keep it moist , and allow you to cook it for a long - long - long time,

You want to be able to bring the centre of the meat up to temp -( and it'll take a long time for the heat to work it's way to the centre of the joint ), and for a long time ,to make the meat tender... Brisket can be an all day cook. ..( can depend on the size of the piece ..) .

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement