Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 - What Made It Into Your Daily Use .

Options
  • 03-01-2022 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

A, 3 day late, look at what we decided to use regularly over the past year .

Dot SE with a dotshell is still in there since last year and still my favourite MTL .

Pioneer by BP mods also still here on top of a ZQ Essent - I struggled for a while to get the wicking right but once I did it was really good .

Aspire Neeko on a Lost Vape Mirage - Neeko is new and a very good mtl vape

Aspire Kumo on top of Lost vape Therion - Kumo is new and is definitely my favourite DL or restricted DL of the year and for the price probably one of the best overall .

Another new one and a dip into the Boro waters is the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO . The Mod itself is great but the RBA is just an ok RDL . I'd really like to pair it with an Aspire Qbix but really struggling to find one online that isn't from the UK ( because thats become either pot luck or extremely expensive due to customs and handling charges ) .

Also hoping to get my hands on a Cthulhu AIO although it's also hard to organise due to the same as above .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I haven't bought any new vape gear in ages, last thing I bought was a Smok Novo4 pod kit which I use regular at work. Still using the Drag 2 as my main, bought that from Dr. Bill on here last year. I have just ordered a couple of the Horizontech Sakerz tanks, one for me one for her good self - as we have both been using Freemax mesh tanks but for the past couple months the coils have been terrible. Mine only lasting 3-4 days before flavour completely drops out :/ Hoping a change to the Sakerz tank will see a big improvement, reviews are favorable all-round it seems. Still have a few RTA I use here and there but I'm lazy about re-coiling/wicking.

Happy new year all ... back to normailty for me today, back to work, pod + mod in the bag before even making my lunch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Strange year, hadn't bought anything of note in about 2 years, gave up on DL vaping completely and was happy with my current mtl mods and tanks. Then around October I just started buying loads of new mods and tanks for some reason.

Tanks

BP Mods Pioneer MTL RTA - Got this off Bill here on boards. Hadn't done any research or read any reviews before so I had low/no expectations. Between this and the Dvarw they are my favourite tanks right now. Incredible flavour, especially with fruits which is what I mostly vape. 

Aspire Neeko - Another Bill purchase. Seems like most MTL RTAs in the last couple of years come with inserts or adjustable airflow under the coil. The Nico takes it to the next level with an insert that sits under the drip tip as well. Anyway it's a pretty good vape but nothing groundbreaking. 

Dvarw MTL FL 24 - Got this at a good price second hand as I couldn't bring myself to spend a lot of money on another high end tank after paying full price for the disappointing Kayfun lite 2019. It also came with the steam tuners top fill kit. At first glance I thought this was going to be tricky to wick but it's surprisingly easy, it's certainly unusual though. Gives a nice full flavourful vape. Being honest though I would be a bit let down if I had paid full price for this which is about €150 inc the steam tuners kit. Just confirms my belief that high end RTAs aren't worth the premium as you can get the same performance from much cheaper tanks.

Augvape Intake MTL RTA - I thought I was going to hate reverse direction screws on the build deck but they've been fine, still don't see the point though, seems like being different for the sake of it. As top airflow tanks go it's grand, gives a vape similar to the Expromizer V4

Hellvape MD MTL RTA - Disappointing mainly due to the airflow discs that are all too airy for mtl. Quite leaky too.

Wotofo STNG MTL RDA - My first and only mtl rda. Been using it with the Vandy Vape Pulse v2. Really enjoying it. Kinda wish there was an mtl squonk revival with some new mtl rda and rdtas.

Mods

Apsire Mixx - Picked up 2 of these I like it so much. Doesn't fit tanks with bubble glass, 22mm tanks don't look great on it and it's quite heavy for a single 18650 battery mod. Despite all this I just really like the form factor.

Dovpo Odin 100 - A lot bigger than I'm used to but great battery life as you'd expect from a 2x700 device.

Have several things on the slow boat from China due in January. Cthulhu AIO, Cthulhu Artemis, Vapefly Brunhilde, Bantam Box, Pioneer Insider. Seems like AIOs becoming really popular now so looking forward to see if they live up to the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I've been vaping since 2013 or thereabouts. Been through a tonne of tanks and mods. In 2021 I finally settled on my favourite vape ever. The Wenax Stylus.

No fuss pod mod. Great and smooth vape. Very discreet. Auto draw feels like a cigarette. Battery lasts a decent amount of time. No need to carry a brick around town.

Not going to bother with anything else now.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

I picked one up after reading this, and I have a second one on the way now already (for days/nights out, when one battery mightn't last). Fantastic little yoke. Boxes of RTAs and RDAs and stuff all being put aside here for now.

Nifty little thing isn't it. I was worried about the battery too at first but it does last the whole night out. I use a 1.2ohm coil which probably increases battery life a bit. I also use auto draw and the low power setting (click three times till it shows a white light). Was never into massive clouds anyway.

Got a little lanyard thing for it as well, because due to its shape it's always rolling around the place. One of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Batteries-Caliburn-Cigarettes-Vaporly/dp/B09H34D1RK

I also got a 3ml tank for it.

• Advertisement

Samesies - 1.2 coil and lowest power. I didn't realise there was a 3ml tank - I'll order two now straight away! Cheers!

If you find somewhere in Ireland that sells them let us know. I got one from a greek website as part of a larger order. However if I'm just buying a 3ml tank by itself again, I still have to pay the flat 11 euro shipping fee. So I won't be doing that.

Btw how's the Wenax Stylus going for you? Have you gone back to your rebuildable vapes?

Ya, still using the two of them all the time, great jobs. I got a couple of the 3ml tanks from that Greek site too, along with a load of other stuff to make the postage worth it. I recently moved house, and found a box of old rtas that I forgot about, so I'm playing with those at the moment too....

Colour me intrigued! Was searching for new pods and coils for my Novo4 [which I've never been entirely satisfied with, and the one pod I have got cracked] - and happened to check in here while I was at it - never heard of this pod [and I do much prefer replaceable coil types] but looks perfect for me for work - I do take my regular set up with me but gotta sneak out to grab a vape at times. I love having an mtl pod on me that works for a quick dive out back, puff, puff, no major waft behind me :D Might kust have to check this one out.

• Advertisement

Defo check it out. It's pretty stealthy. I even vape on the bog at work.

Trying to find one in Ireland that's not over-priced [inc delivery costs] is a bit of a pain. Irish sites in general have gotten greedy with the postage, it's still better value for me on the DIY side to buy from up north, shouldn't be this way :/ But for a pod like this I only need for work I want it to be cheap and cheerful, not the cost of a 'proper' mod. I'll keep looking though, looks ideal if I make up some 6-12mg juices - atm I'm using disposables for work, euro save shop has ones for €6 that last at least a few days [if using a main mod besides] and the pineapple-coconut one is pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hi lads Im trying everywhere to get my hands on a Stylus but UK post is a disaster atm with An Post, everything just gets flagged by them and sent back, happened twice already.

Whats this Greek site please? Or any EU site I can order a Stylus and some 0.6 coils from, or is it obsolete already seeing as it seems to be sold out everywhere including all the Irish sites Google can find?

https://www.k110.eu/en/electronic-cigarettes-geekvape/geekvape-wenax-s-c-2ml-pod-kit.html

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How long does delivery take from there Jackiechang?

I just ordered right there and the only delivery option was €11 DHL 3-6 days so Ill let you know.

About a week. You'll defo have it for next weekend.

Btw since postage is so expensive on that site, be sure to stock up on a few things extra! Like a few packs of coils. They also sell 3ml tanks for that vape.

• Advertisement

Yeah I did that, pity their liquids range seemed a bit weird, didn't get anything. I'll have to look closer to home.

Stylus showed up today, can't fault 3-4 day delivery from Greece, quicker even seeing as I ordered it at night right before the weekend. My original orders are still bouncing around the an Post/Royal Mail network ffs.

Need to order some liquids now, the range in the shops around me wasn't too great. I'm looking for as cool as possible, that's where all my vape attempts have failed before, the vapour is just too fecking hot for me. I was told to focus on Nic salts in the 5-10 mg range of the menthol/ice blast variety. Any good recs in that line from the experts here?

That was a great call on the Stylus Jackie thanks, Ive wasted a good bit of cash down the years on a few models now and they were all sh1te, closest I came was the Aspire PockX, it was still disgusting though, I was killing cravings with them by basically making myself sick every time they were all so rough, proper mod units I might as well have tried sucking on the exhaust of a VW Golf.

The Stylus on auto drag though is just like a cigarette as you say (after a day or two of getting used to the throat hit). You could nearly say its too good because you just want to puff on it all day. I mustn't be vaping that much though because all the reviews talk about the tank and battery lasting a day at a stretch, I find they last me 3 days so far. (3ml tank/0.6 coil).

Im vaping a selection of the fruity/ice nic salts from IVG and they're perfect imo, Forest Berries Ice in particular with a cup of tea out on the decking on these nice mornings is actually nicer than a morning cig, I never thought Id find that in a device.

Great to hear. If the throat hit is rough as you said maybe move up to 1 ohm or more. Salt nics with sub ohm would literally blast the head off me!

Still loving the stylus, dont think Ill bother going the mod route tbh, might just buy a second one and leave it in my locker at work. Im switching to 50:50 6mg now, got all these from eliquids.ie for €50, Ill start mixing my own shortfills for a lot cheaper once I see if I like this:

I've been buying vape juice from Liquidhall. They're based in Croatia but trustworthy.

What I do is buy 500ml of their "base" liquid, and just vape it. I'm not a fan of flavoured vape. Maybe a slight bit of mint but that's it.

The 500ml costs €30 including postage. What you get is 430ml of 0% nicotine, in a 500ml bottle. And a few bottles of 10ml 20mg strength bottles that you just dump into the bigger bottle to end up with 500mls of juice at 3mg strength. They also sell kits that end up at 6mg strength.

To buy 500ml of juice in Ireland would cost me €200. (€4 for a 10ml bottle in the shop).

Imagine walking around town with this yoke.

Although I "decant" it into a 10ml bottle for daily use.

edit: for some reason boards flipped my image. No idea how to fix it. Looks fine on my phone.

Thanks Jackie, where do you buy your coils for the stylus? I only have 2 left and Im struggling to get them anywhere cheaper than a fiver each, cant trust deliveries from the UK these days, An Post just sends it all back. Looking for 0.6.

I used to get them from Amazon but they're out of stock... Looks like we're in a bit o trouble.

• Advertisement

Only have the 1.2 ohms there at the moment, but they're only €1.50 at the moment, down from €3.

Advertisement