Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a combo receiver

• 03-01-2022 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a combo receiver that will broadcast in 4k and come with all channels pre programmed for Saorview and FTA.

Currently have a zgemma h2h with saorview and fta but cant get a decent channel list.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

No is the answer. The choice of boxes and images is endless. In your case the best option would be to get a Zgemma H7 and configure it yourself. I have a zgemma h7 set up and it does exactly what you need but it took time. For saorview you need to tune in the transmitter at your location and frequencies are different all over the country.

There are very few 4K broadcasts and I have tuned in the demo channels on 28east. This is what I did.

1. Flashed image openatv6.4. 2. Installed skin by KIDDAC gives a sky look. 3. Set up a list of bouquets. 4. Downloaded a few plugins to get EPG 5.Tweaked bouquets to get RTE/BBC together. 6. Fitted a 120 GB SSD as opposed to a HDD. 7. Video settings so that TV switches to correct resolution when moving say from HD to UHD. This gives a black screen but I don't mind. 8. I have it set up for AERTEL as well.

Box can do other things as well like play back 4K recordings etc. It took a few hours to set it up.

If you go to satworld.ie they do the box with HDD and they load software, epg etc so give them a go.

here are a few pics. but they are hopeless resolution too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

You wouldnt be able to send me your bouquets list would you?

I can send them as a compressed file ie winrar but would need an email address. You would need to re tune saorview depending on your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

@swoofer........how did you get that old style aertel page??😶

• Advertisement

You need to tune in the sd channel. Here are the details.

11914H, 27500, 5/6, dvb-s-qpsk, I use signal finder as I then know I have signal!! then scan and a load of channels will come up, scroll until you see rte one, select that, you will have a black screen but press text and voila. I then move that channel to saorview bouquet and have it at top.

Advertisement