Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympia Theatre Covid Entry Requirements

Options
  • 03-01-2022 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Have Tickets for an upcoming gig and just reading through the Olympia website it seems that a negative PCR or Antigen is NOT sufficient for entry.

Proof of vaccination or proof of recovery are the only valid means of gaining entry.

Has anyone any experience of this? Is it strict?

Can I get a refund as I do not fulfil those requirements...I am unvaccinated at present.

It wasn't really highlighted to me when I bought the tickets that this would be the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

They're strict, or at least they were last time I was there.

Had a couple of lads scanning covid certs and then you moved onto lads scanning show tickets. Was a very smooth process.

You'd have to contact them about a refund. It's not their rule, it's a govt requirement to have a covid cert to attend an indoor event.

Was the same when I went to the Abbey and Vicar St recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Barrita

Thanks Dobman,

I feared as much. Had to get a refund on Ricky Gervais and Ireland vs New Zealand rugby tickets also for the same reason.

Only hope I have is that the gig gets postponed to a later date when the restrictions are relaxed.

Its only 3 weeks away, so id be glad of it to be cancelled or postponed as I like a few pints in brogans or otherwise beforehand and then tip in for the show.

Dont fancy a sterile atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah we've stopped buying tickets now. Couldnt even get a coffee or water in the Abbey and they had the bar closed, for what reason I dont know. Vicar St was run well with a Q for the bar and staff were top class but still not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Barrita

hard to know whether to stick or twist. The gig is in two weeks and hasn't been cancelled/postponed yet, but I presume it will be.

Seek refund now or hold on to tickets and hope no vaccine is required when it eventually does go ahead......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paddyk0123

Hi Dobman,

were they checking IDs as well as scanning the certs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement