Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WITB 2022 - What's in the bag for 2022?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

My bag for 2022, may upgrade the hybrid but it does the job despite the age. I'm a 9hcp.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5deg. Heavier weight at the front to kill spin. Hzdrus Smoke Black 60g 6.0 shaft. 45.5' Length.

3W: Cobra Speedzone 15.5deg. Hzdrus Smoke yellow 70g 6.0.

5W: Cobra Speedzone Tour 18.5deg. Hzdrus Smoke yellow 70g 6.0.

4H: Cobra AMP cell 21deg. Stock Cobra shaft 60g stiff flex.

5-UW: Ping G425. Standard length. Red Dot. AWT 2.0 stiff shaft. New for this year replacing my ancient G5s that I loved. Tried all the expensive aftermarket shafts but liked the stock AWT the best for feel and gave me best numbers during fitting.

Wedges: Mizuno T7. Blue Ion finish. 54 & 58 deg. DG wedge flex shafts. Seeing a bit of wear on these now. Will keep this for this year, 4th year in play, and will upgrade next year. Love these clubs, great feel. Blue finish I like but doesn't suit everyone's eye.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle 34". This will remain in the bag for a long time. Like to stick to a putter once I find one I like. Have this 2 years.

Lamkin crossline grips on the woods and tour velvet cord on the rest bar wedges which have multicompound. Like a bit of cord in the grip so when the wood grips need renewing they'll get tour velvet cord too.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Updated the big bats

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5° set to 9.5°- Tensei Blue 65g Stiff

Fairway: Callaway 17° Apex Utility Wood - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70g

Hybrid: Callaway 21° Apex Utility Wood - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80g

Irons: Mizuno JPX-921 Pro 4 - PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: 50° & 54° Taylormade MG 3 Black Steel, 58° Cleveland RTX4

Putter: Odyssey Stokelab 7s 33"

TP5 x ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Great setup SEORG, I was looking at those Apex Utility woods recently. Mizunos look good too. The poor wallet must be a bit lighter after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Is that the new callaway driver? Have been talking to a couple of people saying it's an absolute beast off the tee

Yeah, it’s the new one. Very happy with it.

Updated the driver and woods.

• Advertisement

Luckily enough I don't update the bag that often so the savings were ringfenced for a while. But golf clubs aren't getting any cheaper that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thats interesting that others got on with the Rogue. I hit the Rogue ST at my fitting and didn't get on with it at all, was massively inconsistent with my distances compared to the Cobra LTDx LS, Stealth+ and my own SIM and just didn't like it, didn't fit my eye or something.

This shows the advantage of getting a fitting.

I tested all the Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, and Cobra drivers in different sessions.

The Rogue came out on top when taking into account dispersion, spin, and distance deviation. I was also able to work the flight better with the Callaway.

1st - Callaway Rouge ST LS

2nd - Titleist TSi3

3rd - Ping G425 Max

The Titleist TSi2 was the longest for me but too inconsistant. Which I found very surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 scotty_golf9

Wheres the best place to get fitted for a new driver ?? Anyone ever had a bad experience before ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Clubs arrived from Foregolf today so updated WITB for me this year

Driver: SIM 9d fujikura ventus blue stiff

3 Wood: Marvik sub zero evenflow riptide 60g stiff

Hybrid: Cobra radspeed 19d UST recoil stiff

Irons: P790 4-AW modus tour 105 stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54, 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Back after a 8 year hiatus, kids came on the scene, back injuries, the lot!. Was happy with my bag when I stopped, but coming back now and playing a fair bit starting to notice some issues. So early doors changed putter and added a new 5 wood at the top of my bag.

Driver - Titleist 910D 9.5 degree. - Project X Stiff

5 Wood - Cobra LTDx (playing 18 degree) - Hazardous Smoke stiff

4Hybrid- Titleist 910H (playing 21 degree) - Project X Stiff

Irons 5-PW - Taylor Made Burner 2.0 - Regular flex

Cleveland RTX wedges(2012) 56degree and 52 degree - Stiff flex (Spotting now I'm back these are a big problem in my bag)

Putter - Cobra Vintage Nova (Was using a Scotty for 15 years and saw everyone with these mallet styles and thought I'd give it a try. Feels like cheating !)

Handicap still all over the place while I settle into the new system, but currently at 5.4

Advertisement