Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30-36 UHD monitor recommendations

Options
  • 04-01-2022 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

currently have a 27' 2560x1440 and very happy but just want larger . UHD 3840x2160 seems next step upwards in reso as well.

Have 3060Ti so can push a bit of horsepower to it.

Any ideas what might be best ? Need something as daily driver i.e. productivity as well, not just gaming . Or would a pair of 27's be better ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

BenQ EW3270U 32

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

that's what i have i recommend it highly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I bought a Gigabyte M32U for Christmas and I love it.

It has some great features for both gaming and productivity: HDMI 2.1 for XBox Series X (4K@120Hz), USB-C for the work laptop and DP for the gaming rig. I don't need it, but there's an included KVM switch functionality.

For me, it's a great fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

If you are not overly concerned with colour accuracy then yes any IPS will look very good and best with a gaming-friendly freesync or gsync compatible monitor. Having looked at prices for productivity and design monitors (Ultrasharp, HP Z series, Asus ProArt, Lenovo Thinkvision P series), the market favours size over pixel density since people don't really get scaling. For more accurate and legible text, a 4k 25" monitor at 200% scaling would be perfect from my POV, but they are not made much. Windows scales really well to fractional increases, too, like 125% and 150%.

I doubt having a wall of monitor is best for productivity and eyestrain and I wouldn't go above 27" for 4K. Myself, I went for a 24" QHD Thinkvision P20h-2L, because the UHD equivalent was not available and I wanted something that covered min 99% sRGB. Cost half the price of a (marginally superior) 27" UHD Ultrasharp when including Edu discounts.

Advertisement