Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire 10 Kids Edition - GEO Locked to UK Fix

Options
  • 04-01-2022 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Okay thought I would share how to get around the fact the Amazon Fire 10 kids tablets are geo locked to the UK for certain content.

Brought this for the little fella at Christmas and only discovered then about these restrictions. Most content works but specifically Movies and Shows are geo restricted and when you try to access you will get an error message pop up.

I googled and searched high and wide for a solution to this and found very little.

How I fixed this was pretty simple in the end.

Firstly you have to pay for a VPN if you don't already have one. I used Nord.

Secondly you have to install in on your device of course but here you will run into an issue as the VPN only connects on the adult profile. What I mean is when you change to the kids profile which you have to do for Amazon Kids app to run the VPN will disconnect.

Thirdly, to get around this you need to access the parents dashboard on amazon.co.uk and then add content. You will see the downloaded VPN in there so simply enable it so it will appear on the kids profile.

Lastly, go back to the childs profile on the tablet, download the VPN, log in again and then enable UK servers...voila all Movies and Shows will work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lexoi

Hi, how is your fire+ subscription now? do you have any issues? I don't have a VPN, but I was able to access the games and apps until recently when it disappeared completely! I can't even access the parent's dashboard as it says I need a UK address as default, and I have one but it's still not working as I believe they check for IP.

I was in contact with them and they said they apps/games will appear once we are in UK.

Advertisement