Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet Full

Options
  • 04-01-2022 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

apologies is this is asked and answered else where, I cant find anything using the search function

We have bought a new house in the same parish we live in at the moment, only 200m away, but 200m closer to the fiber cabinet in the village. The 'new' house is in fact a 1980's house that has been unlived in now for the past 18 months since the last owner passed away. They were elderly so assuming they had a phone line but no broadband.

I've contacted lots of ISP's and to a provider they are saying they cant see any details there for the eircode of the new house.

I finally contacted eir (I hadnt wanted to use them) and they said the cabinet is full

Is this anything anyone has come across previously? Im unsure of the way forward.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wait for a neighbour to move out/die.

Literally nothing you can do but catch it at an opportune time. As a fallback in the meantime - Three PAYG 20E/28 days. Unlimited data. Buy a router from ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Are Virgin media available? They don't use the Eir cabinets.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Look at Starlink if you are completely out of options.

There is a great thread on boards about it with reviews of actual users.

Advertisement