Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drip Stains Painting Wood

Options
  • 05-01-2022 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Painting wooden cabinets and the banister in the house and having an absolute mare.

After 2 coats, theres drip stains on all the wood, the paint isnt the issue as its good quality, and I applied a primer so its obviously my painting style.

How is the best way to continue,, should I sand the drip stains off now, or keep painting and hope the extra coats will cover them up?

Also, how do I stop more drip stains appearing?

I did attempt to sand some of the drip stains off earlier but it seems the only paint that comes off is the paint that doesnt have drip stains.

See below photos of some sample stains.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Avoid this by not applying too much paint.

Not sure what is the best way to 'repair'. If the paint is still wet, you could try brushing it out with a fairly dry brush. If dry, scrape and sand then retouch.

IANAP

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement