Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTBS smishing attempt

Options
  • 05-01-2022 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

Yesterday I went to my PTSB branch I transferred funds to my solicitor, in the afternoon I received the following SMS:

"PTSB: Your open24 access is suspended due to unusual activity. To restore access please follow the steps via [link] "

It's the first time I got such SMS from PTBS, just wondering how it was possible to get a smishing attempt the same day I transferred a large amount from my account.

Be alert of these SMS, PTBS has reported an increased smishing trend.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

You did not get the SMS from PTSB. It is a straight forward and standard scam that goes on every day with SMS sent to thousands of people. It was a coincidence that it got to you shortly after you had undertaken some account activity. These scams go out all day... everyday... to everyone.

It has nothing to do with PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

PTSB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Permanent Trustee Savings Bank - Known as Permanent TSB or PTSB (The original Trustee Savings Bank was taken over by Irish Permanent after the last economic meltdown)

I get these every other day.....BOI, ABI & PTSB...... IGNORE + DELETE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I got a bank of Ireland text last week and a Barclays text

My wife got a bank of Ireland text too.

We both got Amazon prime calls.

Guess what,? We don't bank with boi, or Barclays and don't have Amazon prime.

As above, they send out literally thousands of these texts. They need just a few to coincide with a real life scenario and if they can scan just one or two they make a profit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Got text from 0871249094, your PTSB card has been stopped, visit this link pstbhelp with a .com at the end. Don't get caught with this.

Just this second got one from 083 20955811 ( allegedly ptsb)..... I'm not with PTSB so I click the line for the Craic......have to say the link brings you to a very impressive ( OBVIOUSLY FAKE though) page..... it's actually quite good.........much better than the scammy ones I get from aib & boi ..... at least they're trying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I got text from tsb this morning & An Post this afternoon, this stuff is rampant

Advertisement