Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Cricket Season 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Highly unlikely but just in case……..does anybody have a ticket or two knocking around for Sundays T20? Was meant to be out of the country so don’t get tickets but now I’m not so on the lookout.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭nice bit of green

No spare tickets but looking at the weather forecast, there may not be a game.

Really hoping it’s not a washout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Heard about this game earlier, grand morning - why didn't they play it then rather than wait for the downpours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Beauty of a knock that from Harry Tector. He really has been a star for us in the past year or so.

India will probably knock off that chase with comfort because of their quality but that was a decent effort from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

12.06 runs an over was the Indian run rate..113/2 after 9.2 overs, sheeet.

doesn’t bode well for Ireland… 50 over or T20…

• Advertisement

Logistically that won’t be possible.

think of all the staff, ticket checkers, ticket sales, stewards, security, groundstaff, there are even a number of Gardai so… ….you’d be a bit miffed if you had a ticket too and saw on the internet it had started without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lovely day to be going to the cricket in Malahide 😐

Supposed to be clearing up before the match starts at 4.30, hopefully the outfield can dry out quickly enough.

Yep, have tickets.

but whether we see much or any cricket…depends on the ability of the ground staff I guess to cover the outfield and clear it. They have time on their side

im about 17 kilometers away, forecast currently shows showers on and off till about 15.00 at Malahide .. then sunny but very cool and very windy. So I’m guessing we’ll get the game in… wrap up warm though.

Well rain held off.. warm, sunny and any threatening clouds seem to be a few kilometres away...

India with an entertaining 227 from their 20... Ireland started and finished well but the say middle 14 overs India went to town on our bowlers... too short and too many extras.... Nice atmosphere here... entertaining cricket..

Don't give us much chance chasing mind with the caliber of India's attack..

Hope I'm wrong but...

Edit: 18 off first over maybe I am ?

Pretty great start by Stirling and Balbirnie eventually joined the party too but Stirling got bowled by Bishnoi and it's a pretty tall order now, you'd think.

Gareth Delany just ran out now as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

This is a decent knock by Ireland. When I saw India's total I thought no chance, but they've made a run chase of it

Aw, brilliant, brilliant effort. Would have tied Ireland's victory over England in the World Cup for me if they had done that.

They can hold their heads high after that performance.

Jesus what a match, comfortably the best cricket match I've ever been to. I gave us absolutely no hope after India's innings, one good swing of the bat from victory. There was a full toss in over 19 that should have gone for 6 and ended up only being a single, that would have been enough.

Gripping stuff. I didn’t think the chase was anywhere near possible but this game never stops throwing up surprises.

Hopefully that will give them a lot of confidence for the games to come.

same, I’d written Ireland off in between innings but they proved me wrong and could have won but fell just 4 runs short.

brilliant stuff.

love watching Ireland being ultra competitive against the big guns, best sides in the world and actually only a fraction away from an impressive victory…

Great credit to India, some lusty hitting, athletic fielding and good bowling which we for the most part were up to the challenge of facing.

was delighted we got the whole match in, some very nasty looking clouds just skirted around Malahide throughout but happily no rain and 40 overs of absolute skill, passion, determination and entertainment from both teams.

brilliant day out..the best cricket match quality wise and excitement I’ve been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

What an absolutely heroic effort that was still gutted for them but they went toe to toe with elite there and showed they've learned how to play twenty20 properly.

One disappointment I’d have maybe re: the schedule is the over proliferation of and fascination with 20-20… I think going back this year and forward 10 out of 13 fixtures are 20-20.

be nice if the longer 50 over game was given more focus as it is a small bit closer in style and tactically to the more longer format of tests which id also like to see us be positive about scheduling fixtures…

why not play a couple of four day games vs Afghanistan? Might not explode the box office but we are supposed to be one of the 12 test playing nations in the world at present but we don’t schedule tests.. why ? If we cannot complete and improve.

If Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan played a couple of 4 day games against us it would be perfect. Of course there might be logistical and financial problems supporting those teams here for about 10/11 days around the fixtures but be good if we could. Might be wishful thinking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭kksaints

I don't understand why Cricket Ireland schedule all the matches in a series for the one ground. 5 20/20 matches in Afghanistan all in Stormont and all the ODIs vs New Zealand in Malahide doesn't make sense to me from an attendance point of view. Surely it would be better to split the two series matches between Malahide and Stormont and maybe a match or two in Bready.

Possibly to do with expense and logistics of setting up temporary seating?

Am away for all the NZ games and then that’s it for the summer. Bit of a bummer but at least I made the 1st India game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ScottL

Anyone 2 tickets for Sunday's ODI?

• Advertisement

i think with covid still knocking around it’s easier not to have both teams traveling up and down the country, checking into hotels etc.

Temporary seats / stands have to be erected.. that’s a massive effort, catering, shop, corporate, medical facilities, media / broadcast facilities, big screens, possibly changing facilities…. A good weeks work erecting and the installation of all that and days disassembly..they I’m guessing need to hire them. So it’s easier to base one set or block of fixtures south and the others north.

73/2 after 16.

Stirling and Balbernie out cheaply but a nice partnership now developing

McBrine 33*

Tector 20*

live on ESPN / BT Sport SKY 423.

This Harry Tector guy looks pretty decent 😀

Was thinking about heading up to Malahide today to watch some of this but it's sold out apparently. Not a huge capacity by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭wicorthered

What a player Harry Tector us developing into.

Think that last 6 by Tector landed on the roof of Duffys pub. He’s only 22.

then as I type he’s caught… could have done with him hanging around for 4 or 5 overs more.. doubt Dockrell and Adair can get us up to 300.

Looking like we'll just make it! .................... And we did! 😊

good job in the end, a defendable total, let’s see what the bowlers can muster.

Good start at any rate: 19/2 from 5. Come on Ireland.

Guptil and Latham looking comfortable, a solid and fluid enough partnership

• Advertisement

]

Guptil now gone and the Kiwis are 129/5 after 25 overs - we really should win this one!

Imagine beating New Zealand in both rugby and cricket on the same weekend. Sweet!

Advertisement