Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archive 81 [Netflix]

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The scene where the old lady walked into the shop was brilliantly done. It had the hairs at the back of my head standing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

It annoys me that this got cancelled whilst Netflix are pumping trailers for Resident Evil which is pretty much guaranteed to be sh*te but has a big brand name. I really enjoyed A81 although it was maybe one episode too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does the story have an ending or is it left on a cliffhanger that won’t have a resolution ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Cliffhanger. Big one too, definitely a To Be Continued moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Okay thanks.

Do you it is still worth watching even though it wasn’t renewed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

WELLL... the ending.. could be taken as a cliffhanger in different ways. Looking back at my reaction it's almost a spoiler to say it as it could be just taken as a Horror ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Despite not being renewed I still think it's worth watching...I found it brilliant and very unsettling

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jumped into the first episode last night, found it gripping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Be warned, this show was canceled and obviously without spoiling, nothing is resolved by season's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Still gutted that it got cancelled,really enjoyed it. Had hopes for another studio to take it on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A mostly very solid little show that's not one thing. Didn't feel like it fell into cheap hackery. No Netflix bloat either, imo. It had the psychological load, the sense of place and felt really intrusive at times. Episode 6 was fairly WTF?! I liked the dual reveal too - Dan and Melody finding things out e.g. re Jess. Or hey, a triple reveal because it hit us too. Episode 7, hmm, these type of episodes can somewhat pull you out of the story and I wasn't hugely keen on it. I had a look on Reddit and there was some talk of it fizzling out towards the end, including the finale.

The truth, like the tapes, is combustible. Frustrating it's been cancelled, I enjoyed spending time with the cast.

Now, then, if that dark mould starts showing up in your gaff and computer equipment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

@The Black Oil wrote:

Now, then, if that dark mould starts showing up in your gaff and computer equipment...

Advertisement