Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary accommodation to secure a job

Options
  • 05-01-2022 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Someone I know is wanting to move from where they currently and is looking for work and a place to rent in other parts of the country but is caught in that old knot of need to get a place to live and need a place to live to get a job.

They are looking all over and a Dublin is just one place. We know it can be expensive but at the moment it is the place where she is getting the only response to job applications.

I had a thought that temporary accommodation like a cheap hotel or something might be an option. Is there such a place in Dublin where you can get a room for €100 a week?

I have tried Google but I can’t find anything.

Am I being mad thinking such a place exists?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

There are several hostels in Dublin close to the city centre with accommodation in multi-bed dorms from about 137 to 221 a week which might work on a temporary basis. Jacob's Inn is at the dearer end of the scale, but it has good reviews. The cheaper ones tend to have more bunk beds, up to 16 in some cases.

Hostels and private homes also advertise in AirBnB. There are bunk bed offerings in East Wall for €37 pps.

Its not going to be easy or cheap to find something in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Agreed and the young lady knows this too but so far only employers in Dublin are responding - and of course the fact she isn’t living there then becomes a hindrance to them

I’m fairly eager for a move myself and I’m also only getting responses from Dublin.

Going by rent.ie though Dublin seems to be the cheapest pace for one bedroom accommodation - although they also send to be the smallest accommodation

Post edited by Need a Username on

Advertisement