Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

couple of insurance questions?

• 05-01-2022 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All,

i hope you could answer couple of insurance questions?

The incident was happened 3 yrs ago. My Motor insurance was fully comprehensive with fully NCB protection form Zurich. if i took the hit at that time, i only need to pay 250 for excess. that is it. but i believed that was set up and scam, so i refused to accept that claim.

so the other party got a solicitor involved for this matter, my insurance did the same. and we have rejected the assessment from PIA 19 mths ago.

up to now the claim has been last for 3 years. the claim is still open. i try to contact my insurance handler, but she cannot give me any updates since nothing has been sent by other party.

but my insurance premium was very high for last 3 yrs, due to an open claim.

and i have to pay more than 200-300 euro every year in compare with similar quote.

my insurance is due for renewal again this month, they quote me for 780, but i can get a similar policy for 448 with different companies with no claim for last 3 yrs.

my question is if i can ask my insurance to accept that claim ? as it has been more than 3 yrs. and i am the only one who suffers a lot from this claim?

am i allow to change my insurance company ?

how to deal with this claim?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Your insurance company has sole discretion on how to handle any claim. You have no say on whether it should be paid or not. While I appreciate you are paying additional premiums while the claim is open, you should be happy that your insurers are fighting what you describe as a scam. The claim must play out to a conclusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You have an open claim so the other quote will not be valid. Once you tell them it will go up hugely if they even offer a quote.

Your own company should refund you the difference if the claim is settled as not being your fault and the other party pays up.

But for now....you're stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

i agreed.

but if i accepted the claim at the begging of it, i would only pay for 200 euro. and nothing will be changed and affect me at all, my NCD will not affected.

but i believed that it was a scam, i do want them to be benefited from this scam,

see what i get after, i have been overcharged nearly 200 euro more every year for last three years. and i do not know how long it will be?

i am stuck in this mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

It wasn't your decision even at the start to either accept or reject the claim against you. Your insurer decided what course of action to take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You haven't been overcharged. You've an open claim so your risk has increased and your premium is based off that, the cheaper quotes you got where invalid as the open claim means that you can't move companies. If you take one of the cheaper quotes you'll have even more issues with serious consequences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement