Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do integrated hobs and microwaves sold in Germany/Europe work in Ireland?

• 06-01-2022 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of renovating a Kitchen and it looks like good brands like Miele and Siemens are considerably cheaper in Germany for integrated electrical appliances like inductions hobs. Is there anything I should be aware of when purchasing them? Considering there will be wired directly by an electrician anyway (replacing an existing freestanding cooker), there should be no issues with connection/adaptors etc right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Shubby grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The hob will need hard wiring regardless, so no difference between sourcing here or Germany. The microwave will need the plug changed, a very simple job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Thanks folks. Ordered the hob and built in microwave, awaiting delivery, will update with how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

All the info be on description... you need 240 v... where did you order... handy to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Driving gloves

do integrated hobs and microwaves sold in Germany/Europe work in Ireland?

I have some news for you ….. Ireland is very much in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Could you give me an idea of how much you saved and the site you bought from? Thanks

I had no idea! You're extremely smart and your comment helped greatly, thank you for your time, o wise one.

It's hard to compare as these white good companies have gazillion SKUs for different markets. I bought off Amazon Germany. I got a Bosch 6 series 60cm induction hob for 334 and a Neff built in microwave for 240. I think there's at least 100 euros saving in each of those compared to similar products in the Irish market.

On Amazon.de there are a tonne of Siemens, Neff and Bosch hobs and Microwaves for a lot cheaper than equivalent in the Irish market in general.

Advertisement