Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPH Gateway unable to connect to Wifi after Router upgrade.

• 06-01-2022 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I recently had to replace my router, I therefore got a new Wi-Fi log in. Unfortunately I am unable to connect the EPH gateway to my Wi-Fi with the new details. When I press the button on the side for 5 seconds I only get a red and green flashing light (instead of a green flashing light), when I then enter my new Wi-Fi Details on the app and click on connect, I am getting an error messaging advising that the device could not pair/connect. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

As far as I remember, to pair the gateway, you press the function button first, then the Smartlink button on the side once without holding it before clicking on connect.

Not sure what router you have, but just note that EPH will only work on 2.4ghz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

The 2.4 GHz thing is a pain, but seems to be commonplace with a LOT of IoT devices

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nongasman

Eph Ember Gateway fix: Bit late but just solved this issue myself today. If you've a dual band BT Smart Hub 2 or similar 2.4/5GHz router - turn off 5Ghz wifi, then change from wifi mode 1 to 3.

Rebout router. Connection then possible for me. Then re-enable 5Ghz, change from mode 3 to 1. Reboot, all working fine.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Having this issue recently. Using Vodafone and Google WiFi. Both of which will not let me disable or split 5ghz frequency.

I boot up the gateway, press function and WPS buttons one after another, and I get red/green lights flashing every ~10 seconds. Immediately I try run the app to connect, but every time I get a "pairing unsuccessful" message.

Tried a dozen times and always the same result.

Tried repairing gateway to the controller no problem.

Tried using a hotspot from my phone but got the same results.

I'm at a loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

How far is your gateway from the controller, I found that having them next to each other, they pair no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I can pair the gateway to the controller no problem. It's the gateway to the WiFi that's the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Did you find a solution to this? Have new Deco units and it will connect connect. Even split the 2.4 onto a guest network see if that would work.

Edit: randomly fixed itself.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Advertisement