Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparation for Garda aptitude tests

Options
  • 06-01-2022 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello prospective readers, we are gathered here to answer my question and provide information for others in the same boat. I want to know what comprises the Gardai aptitude test because I am getting mixed information some say it comprises Analytical reasoning, Verbal reasoning and others. What type of aptitude test is it? and where is there a good resources/websites where I can practice the same type of aptitude test. Preferably free but willing to buy tests

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Based on previous campaigns.

Abstract Reasoning/Verbal Reasoning and Job Simulation.

For your best chance, complete the courses set up by career services, they are the best in the business, and really helped me along the way!

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dean2024

Garda IP more cheaper to buy it's 120 for the the practice exams career services is 189.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dean2024

What are the tests like are they hard

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JustThisGuy

I wouldn't suggest walking into them without any practice unless you are academically amazing.

Im using the career services stage 1 course. It's 150 with a discount and if you're serious about this competition and this career then I recommend buying it. You will go head and shoulders above others into this trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Just wondering fellas there seems to be a few prep sites which is the best i was looking at the gardaip prep course one, i find them little patterns to be very tricky i do have some learning disabilities so will need all the help haha cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 JustThisGuy

Career services for me does the job but heard good things about GardaIP so either or will do. Wouldn't touch any other ones out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

do patterns come up? I bought the career services course and I’ve done all the modules so just doing practice tests now and there’s not one pattern or puzzle? Anyone shed some light? Do patterns come up

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ditser

The PAS have only confirmed the maths and verbal. I don't think they will include the other test.

Advertisement